1/48 Classic Airframes Vampire & Venom kit question

WildeSau75

Hi guys,

I got the 1/48 Classic Airframes Vampire FB5/FB6 kit with the "Pinocchio nose" (Swiss air force version).

I got as well the Venom FB1 kit from Classic Airframes.

My question: would it be possible to use the "Pinocchio nose" of the Vampire kit and use it in the Venom kit without making too much of a surgery. The Swiss air force Venoms too were fitted later with this special nose. Since I want to build the Vampire my uncle flew - before they got their new noses, I want to use the new nose on the Venom when ever possible. Think it gives the plane quite a good look.

TIA.

Cheers,

Michael

10 hours ago, WildeSau75 said:

Hi guys,

I got the 1/48 Classic Airframes Vampire FB5/FB6 kit with the "Pinocchio nose" (Swiss air force version).

My question: would it be possible to use the "Pinocchio nose" of the Vampire kit and use it in the Venom kit without making too much of a surgery. The Swiss air force Venoms too were fitted later with this special nose. Since I want to build the Vampire my uncle flew - before they got their new noses, I want to use the new nose on the Venom when ever possible. Think it gives the plane quite a good look.

TIA.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael,

AFAIK, that portion of the Venom fuselage was either based upon or the same as the Vampire so in theory, the Pinocchio nose of the Vampire should fit the Venom.

Whilst I understand your reasons for wanting to do such a depraved thing to either a Vampire or Venom, you've been counseled before about such an abomination giving the plane a good look - do I have to dig out the pitchfork, torches and angry mob again? :wicked:

All joking aside, should make for an interesting project, such a pity it can't be done so easily in 1/72nd...:fraidnot:

Edited by Wez
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wez said:

Michael,

AFAIK, that portion of the Venom fuselage was either based upon or the same as the Vampire so in theory, the Pinocchio nose of the Vampire should fit the Venom.

Whilst I understand your reasons for wanting to do such a depraved thing to either a Vampire or Venom, you've been counseled before about such an abomination giving the plane a good look - do I have to dig out the pitchfork, torches and angry mob again? :wicked:

All joking aside, should make for an interesting project, such a pity it can't be done so easily in 1/72nd...:fraidnot:

Ha Wez - good to "see" you mate. No, we not want again to have that debate - we all know that at the end the surgical intervention - giving it a new nose - does make these ladies - aka Venoms & Vampires - a sexier look :-).

thanks - will definitely give it a try.

We just can hope that soon one will come up with a 1/72 Venom.

Cheers,

Michael

On 3/21/2018 at 11:41 PM, Vlamgat9 said:

I have bee looking for ages for one of these noses!

It is part of the 1/48 Classic Airframes Vampire FB5/FB6 kit.

Special Hobby is planning to release an 1/72 kit of the Vampire FB6 - also with the Pinocchio nose.

And the 1/48 Alley Cat Vampire FB6 kit does include the Pinocchio nose as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael

On 19/03/2018 at 9:33 PM, WildeSau75 said:

Hi guys,

TIA.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

On the real aircraft, the single seat vampire and venom share exactly the same nose cone part, so they should be interchangeable.

On ‎27‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 5:36 PM, David A Collins said:

Hi Michael,

On the real aircraft, the single seat vampire and venom share exactly the same nose cone part, so they should be interchangeable.

Thanks David - appreciate it.

Cheers,

Michael

On 27/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, WildeSau75 said:

It is part of the 1/48 Classic Airframes Vampire FB5/FB6 kit.

Special Hobby is planning to release an 1/72 kit of the Vampire FB6 - also with the Pinocchio nose.

And the 1/48 Alley Cat Vampire FB6 kit does include the Pinocchio nose as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Yes, I know. But the CA kit is impossible to find and the Alleycat nose won’t be easy to graft onto a CA venom. It’s v annoying no one does an after market nose.

13 minutes ago, Vlamgat9 said:

Yes, I know. But the CA kit is impossible to find and the Alleycat nose won’t be easy to graft onto a CA venom. It’s v annoying no one does an after market nose.

Agree - had the luck to get the CA kit lately - from a very nice BM seller - Nick Belbin. And don't understand either why no one does an after market nose. Hope you will find one soon.

Cheers,

Michael