1/32 Bf-109E-4

This is a my second build in a few days that I have completed while I'm trying to get my mo-jo back for the ju-87 I am building. 

The model kit is from Trumpeter kit and builds quite well, only issue I found was the correct seating of the undercarriage. The way the undercarriage is built up is a bit of a strange approach and doesn't exactly help the modeller and once complete, it isn't the strongest 'set' I've come access, other than that, a good build.

Built out of the box and painted with Humbrol paints except for Mr Hobby for the RLM04 yellow 

OenZgY4.jpg

qj7FM3G.jpg

Ank0uaW.jpg

GnxZu8I.jpg

0Ys1q8n.jpg

rX3Md2b.jpg

GTKv5v4.jpg

zpBxt8m.jpg

wwnZmJ3.jpg

mS8wb0m.jpg

Hope you like it, all comments are welcome :-) 

• Like 35

Hi David,

I m a sucker for the Emil, so of course I like it, and I won't be the only one!

Your model is outstanding. Not much to add to this statement, really.

The undercarriage angle looks fine, but Trumpeter have really overdone the brakes' lines, as far as thickness of these thin pipes is concerned.

Congrats!

JR

Very good looking Emil indeed!

The only oddity is the colour of the MG FF wing cannon. It ought ro be a dark, almost blackish gun metal shade. Same goes for the nose MG 17. Forgot to mask them, or forgot to remove the masking? ;-)

I guess the aerial wire is coming RSN. Almost de rigeur on a 1:32nd model, isn't it?

Slick work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

11 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Excellent paint work! The landing gear arrangement isn´t as difficult to build as it seems after one test fits the pieces and glues once. 

Yes, but why on earth they used a knuckle joint and and then a male/female connection.....i have no idea what they was thinking. Why not just do a standard rod and hole (male/female) assembly, surely the knuckle could be moulded to help get the right alignment.

Thanks for all the comments 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Twentecable said:

Hi nice rivet detail. What colour did you use for the rlm76? Because it looks more light grey then grey blue...?

Awsome to see you produced two mervellous 1/32 in a few days where I would need a a year for 🙄

I actually used RLM 76 from humbrol, but every manufacture's RLM 76 is a different to each others. Sticking to the same brand of colour will give you a uniform colour, but even in war time when supplies become low,, the colour varied quite a lot so its hard to get the colour wrong............unless its drastically wrong of course.