Wingnuts Stahltaube

Recently finished a real brain teaser getting the rigging just right. Used the supplied colour reference for Tamiya paints , lightened the fuselage colour slightly. Engine covers airbrushed using Valleyo Duraluminium  metal colour then sprayed Matt the following day brushed on the patches , turn out better than I thought.

For the rigging Uschi standard thread was used no chances of sagging .

2018-03-19_02-30-232018-03-19_02-30-112018-03-19_02-29-592018-03-19_02-29-482018-03-19_02-29-312018-03-19_02-29-182018-03-19_02-29-002018-03-19_02-28-462018-03-19_02-28-33

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great work 👍 ... wouldnt want to fly in the real deal though. Quick question though ? Did the tires come in a grey rubber color ? 😉

Apparently that was the colour before modern  additives were added to give us what we see today

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, polo1112 said:

Looks absolutely fantastic !!!

How many hours did you need to do the rigging ?

Seems to be a real nightmare.

Bravo.

20 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Fabulous. Hope your eyes are back to normal after all that rigging. 

Pete

Rigging ,for me, is the best part. Do several lines leave to dry and carry on . But not sure if it is my age (58 and 3/4) but vision is not what it used to be.

All together several hours , a form of relaxation in a way!

1 hour ago, mickcpl said:

Rigging ,for me, is the best part. Do several lines leave to dry and carry on . But not sure if it is my age (58 and 3/4) but vision is not what it used to be.

All together several hours , a form of relaxation in a way!

Not sure it's what I'd call therapeutic, but then I've got 5 years on you. :hypnotised:

Pete

Absolutely stunning, the rigging looks spectacular and the painting of the wings makes it look like real fabric. I love the wingnut wing kits but I haven't been brave enough yet to attempt to build one, too scared of all the wires and I'm yet to learn how to make plastic look like wood. 

Congrats on completing this beautiful aircraft.

Superb result my friend. After I have done a couple of their single engine types, I have a Felixstowe F.2a to do, the internal rigging looks.... erm..... tricky, let alone the external!

:goodjob:

Davey.

3 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Superb result my friend. After I have done a couple of their single engine types, I have a Felixstowe F.2a to do, the internal rigging looks.... erm..... tricky, let alone the external!

:goodjob:

Davey.

If I remember correctly when I built my Felixstowe. Only done internal rigging i could see when closed up, and used Prym elastic sewing thread throughout.