Seafire Ib from the Med

vppelt68

Thanks, Cliff! She´s got those seams now fixed, tailplanes and carb intake added. I bought this book last summer and now finally got to reading it... I´m really enjoying it, that´s what´s inspiring :yahoo:. V-P

2018-05-29_08-27-41

• Like 2

she's coming along great VP, she's going to look really nice when completed! 

The only thing I could maybe suggest is rather than using lots of filler which can be a real pain at time to clean up is to try filling the gaps first with scrap plastic, or stretched sprue, or plastic card if you have some. That way you only need to use a small amount of filler. It saves you lots of time as small amounts of filler dry really quick plus it gives you a nice base to work from.

• Like 1

A goody day for the Seafires today :yahoo:.

2018-06-04_07-58-31

Look what the mailperson brought today! Blackbird models Op. Torch set #3 has nice stars for the Ib. Set #1 has stars for the IIc but that's another story.

2018-06-04_08-00-08

Here's something unique to Sword; the canopy "rear window" opening is 2-3mm lower than in other S'fire I-IX kits I have. You see the gap below the Revell Vb piece, back there? I don't think they got that right. Anyway it is I must block that gap. V-P

• Like 3