A rather attractive Ventura - Now finished

How did I miss this?

Another engaging subject Chris and beautifully painted. I really  love less obvious subjects of this nature and this is a prime example of where research and imagination can take you. You must feel pleased with such a striking result?

That bren-carrier too looks most nippy and spiffy but what is that I spy  at the bottom of the last update I?

A Superfreighter? Yay!

I find this bulbously impressive toad of an aircraft to be highly appealing and look forward to your build of it with interest.

What a feast of a catch-up! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. 

Thanks Tony.  I do love a temperate Sea Scheme and saw one on t'Internet and thought I have got to do one. 

The Superfreighter is anaircraft I remember well from the 70s coming into Land at Lydd airport as my primary school was just off theflight path to the airport. The Herald is also one from that period too along with the gorgeous Viscounts. Can't find the correct decals for all three so kit decals will be used on the Herald and Viscount and Silver City decals for the Superfreighter.  The two above are hopefully going to be simple builds. 

All the best 

Chris 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Also started some weathering on the Ventura.  Looking at the images on the decals sheets these were quite dirty with lots of staining on the lower nacelles and there is a streak of muck thrown against the forward fuselage sides by the props I have tried to replicate this.  Will do some chips and exhaust staining next then the little bits can be added.

d4849862-3217-44ed-acfb-2812ab683230.JPG

53973fbf-3a27-4a7c-a6f5-1971a72d090a.JPG

3c773d32-31c6-4480-b9aa-207ee46eeea1.JPG

188a0c07-aebd-468e-88ac-832d8664f714.JPG

Thanks for looking in

All the best
Chris

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Very nice. Big improvement on the seats. Nice paint job... you tied the yellow in so it matched in tone with the rest. Intriguing scheme. The prop splash weathering is an interesting addition. Thanks for sharing this.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marvinneko said:

Very nice. Big improvement on the seats. Nice paint job... you tied the yellow in so it matched in tone with the rest. Intriguing scheme. The prop splash weathering is an interesting addition. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks Marvinneko, very kind,it is a cracking scheme and I used the wonderful Aviaeology decals, they go on very well and there are some cracking photos and reference info on the sheets. 

Chris

• Like 1