1/48th Lynx AH.1 (AH.7 conversion)

The Airfix 1/48th Lynx AH.7 converted to AH.1 standard using Rotorcrafts resin conversion set, blades converted to early straight type , replacement engine housing, replacement tail plane and gearbox housing. Painted with CJ Aerosols BS olive drab, then masked with Panzer Putty and camo applied with Tamiya NATO black rattlecan.

40875091251_510c561da0_c.jpgIMG_4929 by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

IMG_4928 by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

39065525300_742141375d_c.jpgIMG_4928 by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

39065539160_00e506d783_c.jpgIMG_4925 by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

39065557330_77bd22f58f_c.jpgIMG_4924 by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

Edited by sniperUK
  • Like 37

OMG - Damien!  I have some seriously fond memories of that cab from Ballykelly days.  Underslung and swinging under a Chinook so badly we thought they would have to cut it away, but they brought it back.  28 year flashbacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Natter said:

OMG - Damien!  I have some seriously fond memories of that cab from Ballykelly days.  Underslung and swinging under a Chinook so badly we thought they would have to cut it away, but they brought it back.  28 year flashbacks.

Flew in "Damien" several times out of Carrickmore , 34 yr flashbacks ;)

Nice model but the tail rotor of an AH1 turns in the opposite direction (anti-clockwise when viewed from the left) to an AH7 (clockwise) and has different blades. I believe you’ve retained the AH7 tail rotor and blades. 

6 minutes ago, Dervish said:

Nice model but the tail rotor of an AH1 turns in the opposite direction (anti-clockwise when viewed from the left) to an AH7 (clockwise) and has different blades. I believe you’ve retained the AH7 tail rotor and blades. 

Yep ,because I couldn't get the resin replacement to stick together, four individual blades to a hub with butt joints, I knew someone would pick it up  ;) i

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 10:31 AM, Dervish said:

Well I didn't know 'cause I don'y know Lynxs well enough & I think that looks brilliant. I will look upon Lynx tail rotors more critically in future though. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Looks great!

How hard was it to do the blades?  I have this conversion kit to make a HAS 3 from an HMA8.