Tower Bridge Hunter - Airfix 1/72

CedB

Needs a tiny tad more 'up' at the back Ced with a little bit of flat down on the rear

Like this

Easily done with a smear of PPP and a wet'n'dry paper wetted

11401382844_0ff8beeb28_b.jpg

Just bring the very tip up a smidgeon, maybe a smidge anna quarter with a finger tip blob of PPP Simple stuff

It's a very subtle curve across the upper edge

But I  see very great prospects ahead in my own particular hobby trend, you can make your own bits now with the rest of us nutters

Carry on number one

By the way this picture is of a High Speed Silver underside generation machine, d'you see the silver paint reflection shines on the Sabs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, perdu said:

Needs a tiny tad more 'up' at the back Ced with a little bit of flat down on the rear

I really should read all the posts before heading off to google looking for pics just like that one! Memory suggested to me that your new rudder was a bit too rounded at the trailing edge Ced, but I should have known Bill would beat me with a helpful pic to explain all!

Still, nice bit of scratchbuilding & your work on the canopy is really neat too! All coming together nicely!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Do not forget Ced !

Polishing the Sabs is always a pleasure...

Do not forget...

That's also proper modellers technical language !:penguin::penguin:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Missing parts may be the reason so many people learn to scratch build so 'swings and roundabouts' I guess.

Yes Ced  you are right of course, but for a 15-17  years old lad then it was  truly a mojo killer. Maybe some other things either. I wouldn't exclude that at all :whistle:., but that accelerated it . So only minor scratching then for me. Grown older now I became more smooth (?/ geschmeidiger) with these kind of things. Otherwise I wouldn't do my old die cast again at all.

The canopy looks great. Is that Micro gloss better than Future / Erdal Glänzer? Also a nice fix on the rudder. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Courageous said:

Good skills there Ced...carry on.

Thanks Stuart :) Not sure about 'skills' yet, but I am learning, slowly.

4 hours ago, giemme said:

Well, I think it's a bit more than that, bravo! :clap:

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio, very kind :)

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Very professional Ced, technical terms as well.

Must get one of those sihrsc files.....

Simon.

Thanks Simon :) Yes, get yourself a sihrsc file - they're cheap enough and really useful and save HUGE amounts of sanding time.

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Like this

Easily done with a smear of PPP and a wet'n'dry paper wetted

11401382844_0ff8beeb28_b.jpg

Just bring the very tip up a smidgeon, maybe a smidge anna quarter with a finger tip blob of PPP Simple stuff

It's a very subtle curve across the upper edge

But I  see very great prospects ahead in my own particular hobby trend, you can make your own bits now with the rest of us nutters

Carry on number one

By the way this picture is of a High Speed Silver underside generation machine, d'you see the silver paint reflection shines on the Sabs

Doh! Well I suppose I could... :) What's a Sab?

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Nice work on the rudder, found the original yet?

John

:rofl2: Thanks John, thankfully not, but I have found other parts missing... grrrr!

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I really should read all the posts before heading off to google looking for pics just like that one! Memory suggested to me that your new rudder was a bit too rounded at the trailing edge Ced, but I should have known Bill would beat me with a helpful pic to explain all!

Still, nice bit of scratchbuilding & your work on the canopy is really neat too! All coming together nicely!

Keith

Thanks Keith, kind of you mate :)

51 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Do not forget Ced !

Polishing the Sabs is always a pleasure...

Do not forget...

That's also proper modellers technical language !:penguin::penguin:

Sincerely.

CC

What's a Sab? Oh, already said that... thanks CC :)

10 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Yes Ced  you are right of course, but for a 15-17  years old lad then it was  truly a mojo killer. Maybe some other things either. I wouldn't exclude that at all :whistle:., but that accelerated it . So only minor scratching then for me. Grown older now I became more smooth (?/ geschmeidiger) with these kind of things. Otherwise I wouldn't do my old die cast again at all.

The canopy looks great. Is that Micro gloss better than Future / Erdal Glänzer? Also a nice fix on the rudder. Cheers

Benedikt you're right, missing parts are a mojo killer (see below) :)

Another pain is that flippin' clock. I had been looking forward to BST so that it would finally tell the right time, but now look what's happened:

39244039830_325ee02b19_z.jpg

Doh! by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Taken at 16:59, of course. Apparently we're now on 'DST' so I think it's gone German on me, even though it's set to 'Eng'. I think the bin may be its next home...

Talking of bins... things went fairly well with the tailplanes:

40343426614_90af10246f_z.jpg

... and the tanks:

40159281045_579e02f6bc_z.jpg

Tanks for the memory by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Even the front doors were a decent fit:

39246372890_e41d9cc3ed_z.jpg

Just a bit of sanding required. The pylons went on fine too. Then I came to fit the main gear doors:

39246377980_a647746d93_z.jpg

Notice anything? Yep, BOTH inner doors missing. Gaaaaahh!!!

Now, a very good tip is not to throw away any of the sprues until the end of the build. Just in case you missed a bit. I learned that a while ago. Did I remember? No.

Could they be in here?

40346854224_7f30e615f1_z.jpg

Bin there (tee hee). Nothing. The little aerial thing behind the cockpit's missing too, but then it's missing in Bill's photo above so I may just fill the hole if I put some PPP on the rudder.

At the moment though the missing parts have killed my mojo. Also we're off for a break Thursday morning.

Looks like I'm going to miss the anniversary, but it won't be by much, hopefully.

Filler next, may get done tomorrow. Those wing roots should be a bit proud eh?:

39246648180_0abe0a7ec1_z.jpg

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Hello Ben,

Geschmeidiger ?? Nein meine liebe ... Alter !

My wife had a laugh....

Hem Alter will oftenly mean wiser...

Good point however !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

Hello Ced,

The Sabs is the nickname for the external tanks.

Diminitive for Sabrina....

When I was back home I can look for a more explicative pic, but I risk a ban...

About the same is valid for the life jackets nicknamed Mae (V) West

Hum... 

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Geschmeidiger ?? Nein meine liebe ... Alter !

My wife had a laugh....

Hem Alter will oftenly mean wiser...

Good point however !

Hello, "geschmeidig" dosen't mean wise (klug, gebildet, erfahren, vernünftig , weise). It's more being some kind of acting more relaxed and cool to several stressing and unexpected situations, which you may have had before, but not neccessarily. Even in your daily routine.  I would explain so, but I might be not really right.  Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CedB said:

What's a Sab? Oh, already said that... thanks CC :)

56 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

The Sabs is the nickname for the external tanks.

Diminitive for Sabrina....

Sab is a new one on me, but Sabrinas definitely, the term wasn't for the tanks, it was for the link collector bulges introduced under the forward fuselage.

32534056416_9368ee26b0_c.jpgHawker Hunter F.58 ZZ191 by James Thomas, on Flickr

Sabrina was the screen name for model and actress Norma Ann Sykes who was particularly well known for her frontal areas! 

The Goon Show certainly got good mileage from them her!

I will let you Google her, I'm in enough trouble as it is!

Lovely progress on your Hunter there Ced.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CedB said:

sihrsc action, 

OK, so whats that mean, I'm done trying to work it out, best I can come up with is onomatopoeia for the sound a sanding stick makes. If the explanation is back on page 3 then I apologise for not paying close attention 4 pages back, I'm fairly notorious for it, its the goldfish syndrome.:D

Hunter coming on nicely, better check my one for parts. :( 

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

OK, so whats that mean

Six inch, half round, second cut (file)

I think we need to get that added to the list of abbreviations!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I don't think I've got one of those, do I need one? :D 

Steve

Yes!

Recommended by no less than Bill@perdu, and Ced.

Oh, and me!

Ian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello, "geschmeidig" dosen't mean wise (klug, gebildet, erfahren, vernünftig , weise). It's more being some kind of acting more relaxed and cool to several stressing and unexpected situations, which you may have had before, but not neccessarily. Even in your daily routine.  I would explain so, but I might be not really right.  Cheers

Hello I know, I just mean "in getting "Alter" you will get "geschmeidig" and also wiser, so you no longer run madly....:D

I like a german expression "Eine alte Häse" It say all !

Thanks for the clarification however !

Sincerely.

CC 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Sab is a new one on me, but Sabrinas definitely, the term wasn't for the tanks, it was for the link collector bulges introduced under the forward fuselage.

32534056416_9368ee26b0_c.jpgHawker Hunter F.58 ZZ191 by James Thomas, on Flickr

Sabrina was the screen name for model and actress Norma Ann Sykes who was particularly well known for her frontal areas! 

The Goon Show certainly got good mileage from them her!

I will let you Google her, I'm in enough trouble as it is!

Lovely progress on your Hunter there Ced.

Hoooops, sorry, I really was thinking that there are additional tanks (of milk ??? :rofl2:)

Link collector bulges Hum I grew wiser today !! Thank a lot...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1