Tower Bridge Hunter - Airfix 1/72

CedB

2 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

<cough>

'The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.'

H. Nelson.

Mask, that is ... :whistle: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

As for my chippy order I would like haddock, chips and curry sauce (if not available I could manage with gravy).

Haddock & gravy Nigel....?:sick:

9 hours ago, CedB said:

Keith thanks for the offer of the 1 Sqdn transfers - I'll have to print the others so I'll see how I get on and shout if I get stuck, if that's OK :)

Absolutely fine Ced, they won't be going anywhere! 

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, andy wood said:

Those decals can be saved. Tape them to a window and let the sun get rid of the yellowing for a few days 

Looks to me that they've got water damage not just yellowing Andy?

But only the national markings are of any use to Ced for this build anyway - & he's obviously going to be making masks for those, eh Ced??!! :D

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It'd be easy enough to scare up a couple of red lined Hs on white decal paper

And of course CED has become 'almost legendary' (almost?) as a developer of masked aircraft markingery for the National Marks

I think I'm going to really enjoy this'n

• Like 4

A masked red "H" and some white, slightly narrower white decal strips inside would work too. Gotta find a use for all those unused D-Day stripes that will be floating around in the Decal Dungeon!

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Page 3 already... better get me top off.

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Tricky one because I think the overall code dimensions are the standard dimensions so the white portion is slightly narrower.  I don't think anyone does the bright red codes in decal form that you could overlay a mask or a narrower white decal over.

Have you thought about printing your own decals?

49 minutes ago, andy wood said:

Those decals can be saved. Tape them to a window and let the sun get rid of the yellowing for a few days 

44 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Looks to me that they've got water damage not just yellowing Andy?

But only the national markings are of any use to Ced for this build anyway - & he's obviously going to be making masks for those, eh Ced??!! :D

Keith

52 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Haddock & gravy Nigel....?:sick:

Absolutely fine Ced, they won't be going anywhere! 

Keith

40 minutes ago, perdu said:

It'd be easy enough to scare up a couple of red lined Hs on white decal paper

And of course CED has become 'almost legendary' (almost?) as a developer of masked aircraft markingery for the National Marks

I think I'm going to really enjoy this'n

Thanks Wez - I've printed my own decals before so that's an option. White decal paper can be dotted with paint (perdu recommended) and blended quite well as I did on my Wacky Wabbit :)

Thanks Andy for the 'save the decals' tip but these are a mess and, as Keith says, of limited use :(

Thanks Keith for the transfer offer - standby! :)

Thanks Bill - yep, red on white paper, carefully cut, and then dotted / blended an option to consider :)

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

<cough>

'The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.'

H. Nelson.

57 minutes ago, giemme said:

Mask, that is ... :whistle: 

Ciao

48 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I can see no alternative Giorgio. :innocent:

You're both very wicked  :wink:

Nelson? You can kiss my... Hardy :D

1 minute ago, AdrianMF said:

A masked red "H" and some white, slightly narrower white decal strips inside would work too. Gotta find a use for all those unused D-Day stripes that will be floating around in the Decal Dungeon!

Regards,

Adrian

Now there's an idea I can work with - thanks Adrian. I have some Hannants white stripe decals too... knew they'd come in! :)

Some plastic has been attacked before we venture out into the snow:

26023673297_256f4be584_z.jpg

Alan has had his basecoat of Ratskin Flesh, the intakes are in, the bumps on the side are on and the highly detailed cockpit (ahem) assembled.

Off to pick up my iPhone X any minute so I'm expecting MUCH better photos from now on. I hope I won't be disappointed...

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Ced, a further note on the colour scheme, the fuselage colour extended back into the intake as far as the boundary layer splitter plate.

3 hours ago, CedB said:

Just that we don't have the equipment, apparently. More snow overnight and I need to go out today...

Hello Ced, Nice start at the end of page three. Luckily the kit hasn't that many parts , so you could finish it at maybe page 17 or so? Btw I'm scared and bit schocked too . No equipment? Does that mean less than one tool for it? Have a nice walk outside. Cheers.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Haven't had pie and mash with liquor in donkeys years

I found a pie and mash shop in Boston (Lincs) of all places.

Is this food being delivered on CedPrime?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CedB said:

... Ratskin Flesh...

Don't get this mixed up with the food order. Put me down for a chicken and mushroom pie and chips. Does your chippie do saveloys?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Is this food being delivered on CedPrime?

Nope, in @fightersweep's van. He's got a lot of mileage to cover, so it might be a bit cold when it gets to you.Which I suppose doesn't make it a lot better than the cold snacks it was supposed to be instead of...:unsure:

Another of my daft ideas...:lol:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Courageous said:

I was about to say 'let's see some plastic building' and voila! :whip:

... but only a little bit. More later I hope :)

22 hours ago, Wez said:

Ced, a further note on the colour scheme, the fuselage colour extended back into the intake as far as the boundary layer splitter plate.

Thanks Wez, noted! That'll be fun to mask... :)

22 hours ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

I see that you have shoved a pointy wooden spike up the pilot's backside, which is pretty much what they wanted to do back in 1968.

Thanks Harry :D Yep, my usual technique. Jaime (jrix) suggested sticking small parts to cocktail sticks with CA (gulp) for painting and it's a great tip; just snap them off when done.

I bet the RAF was in two minds over Pollock's actions on the day though... not celebrating 50 years of the service must have stung... but then rules is rules.

22 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

But that's m-m-m.... modelling on page 3 of a Ced Thread! Room spinning... must. Sit. Down.

I know! Always good to see some plastic, now and then... :D 

21 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello Ced, Nice start at the end of page three. Luckily the kit hasn't that many parts , so you could finish it at maybe page 17 or so? Btw I'm scared and bit schocked too . No equipment? Does that mean less than one tool for it? Have a nice walk outside. Cheers.

Thanks Benedikt :D No new tools planned for this one but hey, you never know...

Pete, Tomo, Bill and Keith I hope you get the food sorted out... chuck some chips in for me please :D

10 hours ago, GordonM said:

Sorry I’m late, but I have got a note from my mum sir!

Welcome Gordon, no worries :)

I was on a management training course once and we got back late from coffee to find the lecturer in mid-stream, ignoring our entrance. Some time later he told us a story:

A man was fishing in a boat when a snake swam by with a frog in its mouth.

The man grabbed the fish, released the frog (which safely swam away) and thought 'great, saved a frog's life'.

Then he looked at the snake and thought 'Rats, I've robbed this snake of its lunch' so he gave it one of his sandwiches.

Five minutes later, the snake came back with another frog in its mouth, looking expectant...

Moral: Remember, it's the behaviour that's rewarded that's repeated.

He then explained that we usually reward people who arrive late for meetings ('Hi there, grab a coffee and take a seat') when those that arrived on time are rarely given such attention. That's why, next time, they'll all arrive late to receive a reward.

Yes, he was a smart-bottom, but then it was a management course :)

Nothing done yesterday - playing with the new 'phone.

The Apple website says "Order by 7:00pm for free next day delivery..." so I was a bit peeved at 5pm on Sunday when it said 'Delivery Tuesday, pick up tomorrow'. I'm having my haircut this morning so I won't be in. Chose 'Collect in store', took Mrs B to her Yoga and rushed into the store to pick up my new toy device. Nice chaps in the Apple Store and they quickly found a box and presented it to me. "Would you like help with the setup, it's free?". "No thanks," I said, "I haven't made an appointment and I've backed up at home so I'll be fine." He said "No problem, but there is a free slot now". Great I thought, I can sit in a coffee shop playing with my new 'phone while I'm waiting for Mrs B. "Yes please then"

The very nice Person (so now you know it was a young girl don't you? P.C.? Pah!) took the new 'phone out and started the transfer from my existing 'phone. Great stuff Apple, it 'saw' my old phone and said 'Do you want me to move all the stuff from that?' Took a few minutes. Then she said 'Swipe up from the bottom' (cheeky) so I did. Nothing. 'Try again' she said, patiently, showing me how to do it on her own 'phone*. Nothing. She tried it. Nothing. "Oh dear, I think you've lost your touch"** and went off to get a new, replacement one which is fine.

I must say that the 'X' is very nice, but it is very expensive. Very well made though and the 'Face ID' is much handier than I'd imagined. Lift the 'phone and look at it - unlocked. Press the side button twice and look at the screen - pay for things. Cute. Send someone an 'Animogi' - sad. But yes I did, just to me eldest. Yes, it was a Panda face. No Unicorns for me, what do you think I am? Don't answer that.

I am hoping the camera will be better than the (pretty good) one on my 6S - we shall see.

* How long am I going to keep typing that apostrophe before I realise that I don't need to show it's short for 'Telephone' anymore? Who knows...

** Not actually what she said but can't miss the chance for a giggle. Must be getting my sense of humour back now my neck pain is almost gone. Watch out!

As previously stated I have a haircut this morning with my lovely stylist***. Also, I must get some house painting done if I'm not to be sent to the dog house.

Might squeeze a bit of modelling in later though, hopefully.

*** I know I should, by now, be queueing up with the other old blokes for a £5 haircut but 'my stylist', who's done my hair for years, is blonde and gorgeous. They also have youngsters that wash your hair and give you a head massage. Typing that I AM starting to feel a bit like a pervy old man. Only a bit though. Still time...

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

16 minutes ago, CedB said:

How long am I going to keep typing that apostrophe before I realise that I don't need to show it's short for 'Telephone' anymore? Who knows...?

Never surrender.  [But then I still write ‘bus on the grounds that it’s short for omnibus, so maybe I’m nit the man to ask...]

Nice Hunting.

Judging by that photo, he didn’t miss out on over-cooking it by very much; he’s way too high for comfort...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CedB said:

I AM starting to feel a bit like a pervy old man

The thought kinda crossed my mind for a moment ... :rofl: 

Ciao

• Haha 3

No Crisp I think he nailed it exactly, there were pax on the 'bus who didn't need a singe and a trim

He gave them just enough free air

Its a brilliant picture, you have to wonder if there was a plan...

😨

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CedB said:

A man was fishing in a boat when a snake swam by with a frog in its mouth.

The man grabbed the fish, released the frog (which safely swam away) and thought 'great, saved a frog's life'.

Then he looked at the snake and thought 'Rats, I've robbed this snake of its lunch' so he gave it one of his sandwiches.

Five minutes later, the snake came back with another frog in its mouth, looking expectant...

Enquiring minds need to know where the fish came from....:whistle:

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Never surrender.  [But then I still write ‘bus on the grounds that it’s short for omnibus, so maybe I’m nit the man to ask...]

I fully agree, certain standards should be maintained (but I must admit that I did read the end of your comment in a faux 'allo 'allo type French accent there Crisp...'nit the man to ask'....:lol:

But I do seem to be just nit picking throughout this post, so I'll just get my :coat:

Keith

• Haha 7

On 20/03/2018 at 12:32 PM, perdu said:

Its a brilliant picture, you have to wonder if there was a plan...

I was wondering if it's genuine? Timing, shutter speed, exposure all look spot on - and this in the pre-digital SLR age. But then I'm an old cynic, & BZN20 did say he'd spoken to someone who'd been a 'lookout' on the day, so a good photographer may well have been lying in wait....

Edit: this 'pic' was used in the Daily Mail interview with the pilot - it clearly states 'mock up' in the caption!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1