Tower Bridge Hunter - Airfix 1/72

CedB

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Curry sauce & chips OK if not?!

If there is no Currywurst, then please chips with Ketchup and Majo (Pommes Salbe); also here: Pommes bunt/Schranke/rot-weiß etc. Cheers

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

OK, seeing as it's so cold outside cold snacks won't do, so I'm doing a list for the chippie - what does everyone want....

Haddock, Chips and Mushy Peas for me please :eat:

• Like 3

...come to think of it, being that Tower Bridge isn't too far from the East End, I can swing by there for pie, mash and liquor if any one fancies that?...once I've got the chips of course...

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wez said:

This Xtradecal Sheet may help with the Squadron markings, I'm sure if you didn't want to get the whole sheet a request in the wanted section would yield dividends.

Dragging this back on topic Ced - I have the No. 1 squadron markings off that sheet spare if you want them. 

Keith

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbudde said:

sadly the Hunter isn't  one of my favourites

What? Naughty man! (though curry wurst sounds good. Not had that since the mid 80's)

I didn't know there was a chippy run. I just had salmon and roast veg. Darn it!

Just get me a pie, I'll nuke it tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bbudde said:

sadly the Hunter isn't  one of my favourites

After I've had my Haddock, chips and mushy peas I'll dig out my pitchfork and torches and rustle up a mob!

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Sorry guys,  this just happened to me as on several other planes. But as Keith said: "It's very cold outside" with an icy easterly as he ordered some warm food for us. So please be careful there outside eastwards to get me here (also very icy at the moment).

By the way, when you arrive here , I will make tea first, I guess

Cheers to you all.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I didn't know there was a chippy run.

Soup in a basket for me.

Fear nought for a diorama support,

Image result for lego tower bridge

Great subject Ced, though I have heard of the legendary story I haven't seen pictures, or builds (and won't peek at the links!) of the Hunter involved, so really looking forward to this.

Edited by 71chally
  • Haha 5

Well...I disappear for a few hours and Ced has started a new thread and we're already up to post#35, obviously a very popular man or subject. No room at front so I'll up at the bar having another  Speckled Hen. Proceed :poke:.

Stuart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

OK, seeing as it's so cold outside cold snacks won't do, so I'm doing a list for the chippie - what does everyone want....

I vant plaice, vith crispy chips, not those soggy ones, or your name vill go in ze book :D

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Edited by cngaero
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, cngaero said:

I vant plaice, vith crispy chips, not those soggy ones, or your name vill go in ze book :D

I tried to find that clip on Youtube but failed. 

Couldn't fail to find the all time classic though...!!

Sorry Ced, drifting again! :D

Keith

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Good to see the Hunter getting plenty love here (apart from you bbudde but we are have our subtle differences and you seem a nice enough chap otherwise) as well as the Tower Bridge story getting covered :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're all bonkers... and I'm out of 'likes' - apologies chaps.

A few hours away and a quick look before bed and WHAT! 26 posts! Right let's see...

Thanks Wez for the details of the scheme, great help :)

Thanks Brian, although I do now blame you for the Tower Bridge suggestions... and you Dave, Tony, MM... wait, James has found a Lego one! Now that's a... HOW MUCH? Too big as well at 40" (102 cm) long, 17" (45 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) wide. :D

Benedikt thanks very much for the link to the Australian supplier - just what I need BUT sadly I think they'll arrive too late. Given me some ideas though and the sheme diagram is really useful.

Keith thanks for the offer of the 1 Sqdn transfers - I'll have to print the others so I'll see how I get on and shout if I get stuck, if that's OK :)

What else? Food orders...

5 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Well now I know exactly where I was...Sat in Maths 3rd floor of Thamesmead School, Shepperton facing Heathrow approach watching them land...Whats Pi   in decimal form ?

Who knows there is an IL62 coming in.. All of a sudden This Hunter at house roof height, okay a tiny bit higher looking for the Thames at Shepperton to follow to The Smoke..and it was shifting. I shouted Look at that Hunter Mrs James went nuts but saw the Hunter.....On the News that night.. Blimey  I saw that Hunter  Dad, he loved it ..In the 70s and now in the RAF I was in the Osprey telling my mate this story, bloke sat next to us at the bar was on the see out crew when this guy started this mission.

Brilliant story and has to be told !

Now how do you get the area of a Circle? Missed that bit with the b*ll*king you won't get any where watching Aeroplanes all day !

Great story, thanks for sharing! What a memory that must be :)

More food orders (oh, good grief) and Dad's Army references... they don't like it up 'em! :D

Welcome to all and do, please, try not to drop your food on the floor - I'm trying to starve out the carpet monster...

Question of the day: Will I get any parts together before page 3?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CedB said:

Great story, thanks for sharing! What a memory that must be :)

That's not all, some time later, a few months we're in English , looking out the window, can't see the airport from there but stuff turning over the school after take off, we were roughly 2-3 miles as the Crow goes from Heathrow. A SAAB 105 at tree height is heading to the river at 90 degs that the Hunter took, no idea what it was doing, must have been over here for an air show couldn't make out any markings either as the trees were getting in the way. School wasn't always boring.

• Like 5

but the transfers are dead to me:

They do look pretty shot, good luck with creating the replacements.

As for my chippy order I would like haddock, chips and curry sauce (if not available I could manage with gravy). Thanks Ced! (could this be delivered soon - I'm starving).

Ced, out of likes and a Gold Member - what are you playing at?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fightersweep said:

...come to think of it, being that Tower Bridge isn't too far from the East End, I can swing by there for pie, mash and liquor if any one fancies that?...once I've got the chips of course...

Haven't had pie and mash with liquor in donkeys years - as a student in 80-81 I lived on the Isle of Dogs for a while before it was gentrified and rebuilt and we'd regularly go to a wonderful pie and mash shop in Poplar, while dodging the skinhead gangs who liked giving the students a hard time lol

• Like 2

Thanks bzn - sounds like your school was well placed! :)

Thanks Nigel :) I've just left myself a PostIt reminding me to cut some masks for the 'H's to save trying to create white decals.

I have, like, no idea why I'm like out of 'Likes'. I guess I'm like either a teenager like, or just a Like-able person :D

Of course it might be liking people's food orders :wink:

Welcome Steve and Kallisti :)

I should have posted this yesterday:

40186314034_af7cf86060_z.jpg

Brrr, but not up to some member's conditions of course. Just that we don't have the equipment, apparently. More snow overnight and I need to go out today...

Mrs B's phone is dying. As she's not that interested in gadgets, it's become a tradition for me to give her my phone and buy myself a new one (hey, wait a minute, I buy the new one?)

So I have to go to the Apple store... life is tough, sometimes :D

I also have some painting to do in the house so I may not be able to start anything until later. Rats.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CedB said:

I've just left myself a PostIt reminding me to cut some masks for the 'H's to save trying to create white decals.

Don't forget the H would have a thin red outline so two slightly different sized masks...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CedB said:

Ah, right, thanks Wez. Dithering now then... mask or decal, mask or decal :)

Tricky one because I think the overall code dimensions are the standard dimensions so the white portion is slightly narrower.  I don't think anyone does the bright red codes in decal form that you could overlay a mask or a narrower white decal over.

Have you thought about printing your own decals?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CedB said:

mask or decal, mask or decal

<cough>

'The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.'

H. Nelson.

• Like 3