A-4B Skyhawk

Blitz23

Just putting a marker down for my build thread, picked up the starter set today in Hobbycraft as I've been thinking about adding a Skyhawk to my collection for a while and I've heard this kit is good.  Got a backlog of 1//48 props to clear but with a week off coming up I might take a break from them and smash this one out before maybe attempting a F6F in the stash. I'll add pics in the week :yes:

• Like 2

welcome aboard, and another Skyhawk in the build, nice.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of what you have planned. I'm in the same boat, I need to clear my current build first......and return home from Malaysia!

good luck with the build.

• Like 2

Here's pics of the kit I will be building.

39087266880_9d524a42ec_k.jpg

39087263670_0eb3f8e761_k.jpg

39087261310_005e86c1c3_k.jpg

I'm not ecstatic about the paint scheme but I don't fancy paying almost what I paid for the kit for a decal sheet, either way though it looks like a very nice kit.

Scheme is VA-95 Green Lizards, USS Intrepid 1966.

Edited by Blitz23
Link correction
  • Like 8

Looking forward to seeing this one.

I did some volunteer work at the Intrepid Sea Air and Space museum in New York, formerly USS Intrepid, back in 2005 and they had restored Skyhawk on display in the hanger deck. I cant remember it's exact markings but it was in the one of the ships squadrons colours from the Vietnam War era and it always struck you by it's punchy appearance every time you walked in.

James

Edited by franky boy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

It is indeed a fine kit and I built one for the Vietnam GB. Something to be aware of, the intake part numbers are reversed in the instructions. Best to check the fit carefully and switch the intakes round if they don't install properly.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Blitz23 ... Im off to the local museum shortly. They have an A-4B on display. Do you think you would be interested in any photos ? If you need specific shots I’d be happy to forward them. Sadly they will be just edited cellular camera photo’s. My laptop died a while ago and i have no means of posting from my 35mm. 

Dennis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Blitz23 ... Im off to the local museum shortly. They have an A-4B on display. Do you think you would be interested in any photos ? If you need specific shots I’d be happy to forward them. Sadly they will be just edited cellular camera photo’s. My laptop died a while ago and i have no means of posting from my 35mm. 

Dennis

Yes absolutely sounds good to me, thanks a lot!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Blitz

Have to had a chance to show your A4 who's boss yet ?

cheers Pat

No unfortunately she's fallen to the wayside with my 109 for the MTO GB taking up a lot of my time and the Beaufighter for the RAF 100 GB being my other main focus. Luckily I have 3 weeks off coming up so I should get some time to rectify that, got my harrier for the Hawker GB I need to finish also. 

2 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

No unfortunately she's fallen to the wayside with my 109 for the MTO GB taking up a lot of my time and the Beaufighter for the RAF 100 GB being my other main focus. Luckily I have 3 weeks off coming up so I should get some time to rectify that, got my harrier for the Hawker GB I need to finish also. 

Errr what was that again my heads spinning :frantic:

Seriously I thought I was bad enough at too many builds on the go at once, but I'm playing at it compared to you !

Look forward to seeing you come back to this when you have cleared a few off the list

cheers Pat

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Errr what was that again my heads spinning :frantic:

Seriously I thought I was bad enough at too many builds on the go at once, but I'm playing at it compared to you !

Look forward to seeing you come back to this when you have cleared a few off the list

cheers Pat

You think that's bad, I still have these two and a Skyraider awaiting paint! 

20180513_165726

• Haha 1