P-61 Ordnance

Roger Newsome

Do these help @Roger Newsome ? RmVnH65.jpg

I know theyre P-38’s and B/W but I doubt they would have changed the color for a different airplane. You can see theyre darker than the neutral grey and a closer match to the olive drab. YfJ2ikT.jpg

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

3 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

The bomb should also be olive drab, with a yellow ring around the nose. That has been the standard for US ordnance for just over 100 years, now.

HTH

Joe

Thanks Joe, I was pretty sure that was the case but I know where assumptions can sometimes lead so thought it was worth asking before committing to paint. :D

Roger, you are welcome; and, if the revelations about the controversies concerning WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft tell us anything; it is that "Everything We Know Is Wrong(from an old comedy album(vinyl) of the 70's)"! But, when it comes to US ordnance(all types); it has not changed that much since WW1. Even the 16 inch HE rounds(the USN refers to them as 'High Capacity' rounds) were painted in Olive Drab with a Yellow ring or marking. The exact shade of OD OTOH, is a whole different :worms:, and, a different thread. You didn't mention the scale of the bombs and the rocket launchers; in the photo, they appear to be 1/72nd. Am I correct? Glad I could be of help!

Joe

1 minute ago, JPuente54 said:

Roger, you are welcome; and, if the revelations about the controversies concerning WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft tell us anything; it is that "Everything We Know Is Wrong(from an old comedy album(vinyl) of the 70's)"! But, when it comes to US ordnance(all types); it has not changed that much since WW1. Even the 16 inch HE rounds(the USN refers to them as 'High Capacity' rounds) were painted in Olive Drab with a Yellow ring or marking. The exact shade of OD OTOH, is a whole different :worms:, and, a different thread. You didn't mention the scale of the bombs and the rocket launchers; in the photo, they appear to be 1/72nd. Am I correct? Glad I could be of help!

Joe

Yes Joe, 1/72.

Apologies for the short reply, I'm trying to locate one of the little P-61 radar thingys, it's just flown out of the tweezers! 

9 minutes ago, JPuente54 said:

May God help you find it! Most likely is the infamous "Carpet Monster" has eaten it. Oh, which P-61 kit, and the maker?

Ok everyone you can stop looking now, found it! :D

It's the Hobby Boss kit Joe.