1/48 F6F Hellcat

This is my finished F6F Hellcat by Eduard, it was possibly my favourite aircraft I have built so far and everything went together with ease. 

I would like to note, although it has been six months or so since I made my first 1/48th model and taking my time to do so, as you will tell, I always make a few mistakes with my kits so since I now feel my techniques are close to how I want them to be to get a semi- realistic kit. I let alot of them down with silly mistakes like glue on the canopy etc. and so will be working on making the finished result less flawed.

I would like to apologise for the photos, I am yet to figure out how to get the lighting right and do the model justice, I am also sorry for how dirty the desk is with overspray but it was the best I could do with what I had. Hopefully for the next build I will take the time to use a proper camera to try and get some better photo's. Anyway, here it is:

8vezPxF.jpg

OvU5ifV.jpg

WWFvphN.jpg

RxHn2rd.jpg

7q1HKI1.jpg

q7fzO33.jpg

WoQDJBf.jpg

RgQxOfi.jpg

• Like 12

5 hours ago, opus999 said:

Nice! The chipped paint effect looks very realistic.  Did you use the hairspray technique?

Cheers, I just used liquid mask with a sponge, I had never tried it before and felt I got the result I was looking looking for. Only issue was I noticed there was still some left under the paint which is why some areas of the paint look mottled.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

DHi Rollo. I am moddeling for years but it takes me so much time to finish a model (more then half a year for a 1/48) my progress in skill is slow. Just the last three kits I feel my skills are getting the right way. That said I could advise you to try to model a few 1/72 models. Quicker builds, less time on overall painting. Which means you can practise your skills and see faster results which keeps you motivated. Also the "i spent so much time now I dont want to mess it up factor" isnt pressuring that much.

You can check my 1/72 Me109 here if you like.

Anyway great build and I can see you are trying the techniques. Keep doing that, keep having fun!