The Weather,

Mick4350

6 hours ago, Gorby said:

AUSTRALIA IS FOR SISSIES!!!!!!!

Things to see in Australia: SOUTH AFRICA...

Box jellyfish - Portuguese Man o War

Irukandji jellyfish - Durban Blue Bottle

Bull Shark  - Great White Shark

Eastern brown snake - Black Mamba

Crocodile  - Great Nile Crocodile 

Funnel web spider - Black Widow

Blue-ringed octopus - Snap 

Common death adder - Boomslang

Australian paralysis tick - African paralysis tick (three times bigger :) )

And then, of course there's...

Lions

Cheetahs

Leopards

Elephants

Rhino's

Hyena's

Wild dogs

Hippos

Water Buffalo's

Honey Badgers 

etc etc etc 

Things to do in Australian: South Africa...

Laughing at Australian tourists who say, Aww I grew up in the bush mate, and nothing gonna scare(chomp) :) 

:) 

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, Gorby said:

Things to see in Australia:

Box jellyfish

Irukandji jellyfish

Bull shark

Eastern brown snake

Crocodile

Funnel web spider

Blue-ringed octopus

Common death adder

Australian paralysis tick

etc, etc, etc.

Might even see a Lesser Spotted Ball Tamperer.... :)

• Haha 7

It's an aircon day here at Casa Me.  23oc outdoors and rising, so I thought screw it and plugged it in.  I really should get a permanent port cut in the side of the wall, but I haven't got a hole saw that'll do the job :(

• Like 1

23? Amateur. Popped to a local steam rally. A cool 32C when I got back to the car. Drove from there to BW around 1 pm, and my shirt was stuck to my back, that was with the roof and the windows open.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:45 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

23? Amateur. Popped to a local steam rally. A cool 32C when I got back to the car. Drove from there to BW around 1 pm, and my shirt was stuck to my back, that was with the roof and the windows open.

Ah, the 4 Eighty cooling system !

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Temperatures here back up around 30 at the weekend, but we had about an hour of real rain yesterday's and more forecast for Friday. Here's hoping.

C'mon John. Don't be greedy. Couldn't you have made do with 30 minutes and let us have the rest. Meteo France is saying that we have an 80% chance of pluie, not showers, but real rain on Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. I haven't cut the grass for 8 weeks. There's nothing to cut. Even the dandelions have stopped growing.

John.

• Haha 2

Morning Chaps :bye:

Well we are now moving into spring here, we are currently experiencing a heat wave and I have the bloody flu :( 

Winter seems to have wheezed its last a couple of days ago with a sudden dip in temperatures, but we are back up to 30 Deg C again (currently 19) and I'm sitting in the house with puffy eyes and dribbling snot all over the keyboard.

Mrs Mad admonished me last night, declaring I have to be special and get the flu when its not winter (its a talent :) ) and believes I just do it for sympathy

I shall now go away and have Hobnobs for breakfast (Im sick, its allowed :) )

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Hobnobs for breakfast (Im sick, its allowed :) )

Hobnobs for brekkie?

Well...it's oats right?

That's practically porridge. Can't object to that now can she?

I hate being sick, so I just don't...

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Mrs Mad admonished me last night, declaring I have to be special and get the flu when its not winter (its a talent :) ) and believes I just do it for sympathy

I shall now go away and have Hobnobs for breakfast (Im sick, its allowed :) )

Mrs. H is the same. I suspect when they're lowering me into the grave

She'll be saying I'm exaggerating and looking for attention. Or trying to avoid having to repaint the bathroom.

👻

• Haha 6

23 now in Southern California with upper 20's later this week (lows around 16). On my 4800km RV trip this summer, the coldest was 0 on July 4 in West Yellowstone, Montana, and the highest was 43 just 3 weeks later in Paso Robles, California.

• Like 2

I had to feckin scrape the frost this morning from the windscreen, it’s 3 permie paydays to Christmas, shops have mince pies in and I saw a Christmas cracker shape Pringle packet in the Supermarket. It’s freezing in work and they don’t switch the heating on until 1st Oct🤔.

• Sad 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:30 AM, Mick4350 said:

5.46am.

sunrise.

And the weirdos in Queensland government refuse to "do" daylight savings time, so that lovely time of the day gets wasted. Lovely and cool, nobody around and the place all to oneself.

Then at 5.30pm it goes dark... instantly. 

Very odd.

I've almost forgotten what rain is. As far as I can remember, it's rained three times here since May, the longest session lasting no more than 40 minutes. Normally at this time of year, the grass has already "greened up" after the summer dryness, but not so this year. I've never seen it like this before. It's completely brown and straw like. On the plus side, I haven't had to cut the grass for more than eight weeks.

John. 

• Like 1

The weather here is nonsense and needs to be taken home for a good talking to by its dad. 

I never know from one day to the next whether I need to put the heating on or slap on the sunny! And I'm not even sure how the heating in this place works, having moved from a house with a nice old simple fuel burner to one with a digital under floor heating system that looks like it belongs on the deck of the Enterprise. 

I'm thinking of writing to my MP to complain!

• Haha 1

A wee breeze and bright sunshine at the moment. 5 minutes ago it was pouring with rain and 5 minutes before that it was sunny with no wind. I wish it would make up its mind!

I see that the Aonach Eagach had a good cover of snow the other day with more expected this week.