The Weather,

Mick4350

It's been pi raining hard all day. I have to feel sorry for my neighbours though. They've come out for a week to work on the garden. All last week, we had sunshine and temperatures in the low 30's. The day they arrived, Saturday, temperatures dropped down to around 22 and it started to rain and has done every day since. The forecast is for rain every day up to next Saturday........the day that they go back home! And then it's back to sunshine.

John.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Nice to stand out in the rain in your backyard.

You can stand out in the rain in my back yard if you want Mick, but it'll be a helluva long walk home afterwards in wet strides!!:giggle:

• Haha 2

Looking forward/dreading the arrival of tropical storm, ex hurricane Lorenzo here in the west of Ireland tomorrow. Yes a tropical storm in Ireland! Several trees are about spend their last night standing up and no doubt a number of roofs are about to take flight. Hopefully people will heed the warnings and stay out of it. 

But inevitably someone is about to lose their car. There's a car park on the the sea front which invariably floods and invariably one or several cars end up being ruined. People never learn. 

Hopefully there won't be too much damage. 

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It was 4 degrees C this morning on the way to work at six. I wore my woolly hat!

6 am? Good God man what are you doing out at that ungodly hour? The pavements have not even been properly aired by then. Who knows what disease you might contract. 

• Haha 1

There's beer to be delivered... Neither rain nor falling snow shall...Oh no that's the U.S. Postal service.

Anyway, by six half the wagons have already been loaded and may be on their way. 

Of course, they may go via McDonalds but Lincoln to Newcastle/Norfolk/Leeds/Bradford etc takes time and an early start is better.

7 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There's beer to be delivered... Neither rain nor falling snow shall..

Ah, a sensible, indeed valiant explanation. I would have expected no less from such a seasoned member. 

Er, that sounds a tad saucy actually 

• Haha 1

Lit the fire two nights ago and the central heating cut in.

I think that's the earliest I've know it happen.

Mind you, we've only had central heating for about 4 years.

We had it installed when the Mother-in-Law moved in.

Not sure it was a fair exchange.

Rick.

• Haha 4

Still getting daytime temps of around the 20 mark, and it's not too bad at night. No fires lit yet but the electric fire goes on for bout 15 minutes in the evening before we sit down and watch the haunted fish tank.

John.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Getting very autumnal here, very wet and windy and the morning temperatures going down to 4-5 in the next few days. I turned the heating on this morning to make sure everything is OK, I’m always slightly surprised when it works after a period of inactivity, but everything was fine after some radiator bleeding. Looking forward to winter, not!

• Like 2

Raining a lot here but not too cold. (West of Ireland). 

But the week after next I'll be in Harare in Zim. It is the rainy season but it'll be hot. I look forward to enjoying a cold beer while looking out a tropical downpour. :rain::beer:

• 2 weeks later...