The Weather,

Mick4350

Lucky s*d they're still managing to avoid us, but there is something building just north of Limoges at the moment which may be heading our way. Fingers crossed.

Read this morning that Haute Vienne has gone critical on water shortage, but the carwash in the local supermarket was still open this morning. I've seen several people using them lately, irresponsible persons ( or words to that effect ), don't they realise that if it hasn't rained here for a couple of months then there might be a shortage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Lucky s*d they're still managing to avoid us, but there is something building just north of Limoges at the moment which may be heading our way. Fingers crossed.

Read this morning that Haute Vienne has gone critical on water shortage, but the carwash in the local supermarket was still open this morning. I've seen several people using them lately, irresponsible persons ( or words to that effect ), don't they realise that if it hasn't rained here for a couple of months then there might be a shortage.

The car wash should be recycled water.

Maybe you could try the same? :whistle:

• Haha 1

Only around 24o today, but yesterday it hit 35o, not my idea of fun.  I was in my local ASDA and all the chilled food cabinets were empty, apparently u/s due to the weather conditions.  Not sure how that works.  Roll on Autumn!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 593jones said:

I was in my local ASDA and all the chilled food cabinets were empty,

I've got to admit i popped into Iceland,didn't take much notice of how much was in the chillers but it was lovely.....

• Haha 3

Had all of the windows open all day yesterday (with the obligatory fly screens in place), and managed to reduce the temperature inside the house down by 5 degrees, so that last night it was only 26c. Outside temp today a beautiful 22c. Bliss!!

John.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Absolutely hammering it down up my way and will be all day and tomorrow too :(

Regards

Steve

Steve........your FULL of good news ...... :whistle:

• Haha 1

Well, The Land of the Long White Cloud has had an exceptionally warm autumn and winter, with proper cold only arriving now. The skifields have had minimal coverage, which also affects the hydro-lakes later in the year.

Presumably we'll see all the coal-fired power stations put on line to keep all the "eco-friendly" electric cars powered up...

A nice high of 14 degrees today, with 2 deg overnight.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:19 AM, Bullbasket said:

Struggled to sleep last night as the indoor temp dropped no lower than 27c.

John.

Try going for a swim in the late evening, just before dark. It cools down the body temperature and makes sleep a little easier.

Well, at least that works for me.

• Like 1

Currently residing in deepest Essex, and according to the forecast, it's going to be bloo awful over the weekend, so it looks like it's going to be kit building with my Grandson, instead of kicking a football about.

John.

13 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Twenty-two degree's, feels like eleven outside . Wind gusting at thirty-five knots, no rain.

Sounds like what we'll be getting here over the next 36 hours, but with added rain - the joys of a northern hemisphere summer!

It's been raining here since 0700, from drizzle to medium. It's forecast to last all day, I hope it does because we really need it. The downside is that the temperature has fallen quite dramatically in the last 48hrs, I had to wear trousers this morning. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, Biggles87 said:

It's been raining here since 0700, from drizzle to medium. It's forecast to last all day, I hope it does because we really need it. The downside is that the temperature has fallen quite dramatically in the last 48hrs, I had to wear trousers this morning. 

Wish it'd rain here !

• 2 weeks later...

My garden weather station showed a maximum temperature of 37 degrees C, in Farnborough😎☀️

I spent all day yesterday working on a model at my garden table. It was lovely and relaxing and I might repeat the experience again today. I know that there are plenty of "practical" jobs I should be doing around the house but I've been so busy of late that having quiet days just pleasing myself seems like a good idea.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Still hot here ( 30+ ) and very dry. There has been a stiff breeze for the last couple of days which has probably contributed to some large fires in the forests. There were water bombers in operation yesterday about 20km north of us, and one of our friends who is a pompier ( fireman ) says they’re working 15 hour shifts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Still hot here ( 30+ ) and very dry. There has been a stiff breeze for the last couple of days which has probably contributed to some large fires in the forests. There were water bombers in operation yesterday about 20km north of us, and one of our friends who is a pompier ( fireman ) says they’re working 15 hour shifts.

Yes, just the same up the road here John. I'm glad to say that the wind has died down now, because everything was being covered in dust as the farmers whipped up a dust storm with their tractors and equipment. My next door neighbours are due here tomorrow for a week, and the forecast is showing the next seven days with rain. Wind some, lose some.

John.

• Like 1