The Weather,

Mick4350

2 hours ago, 593jones said:

Probably not a good day for going kit flying, then.

None of my kits would fly anyway. But I wouldn't try to fly a kite either:giggle:. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Hopefully, it will blow itself out over the next few hours and all be gone by tomorrow, as I've got a two hour drive up to Saumur for the model show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

None of my kits would fly anyway. But I wouldn't try to fly a kite either:giggle:. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Hopefully, it will blow itself out over the next few hours and all be gone by tomorrow, as I've got a two hour drive up to Saumur for the model show.

:doh: And that, readers, is what happens when you just bang in a post without checking it.  In fairness, though, if you left the kits outside in that kind of weather they would probably fly quite a distance!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Very hot and humid here, we’re forecast four days of temperatures in the high 30s then down to 29/30 next week. I’ve just put more water in our pool and managed to reduce the temperature from 29 to 28!

Just seen on the news some parts of France and Northern Spain the temp's are supposed to reach 45!....

Edited by Vince1159
  • Sad 1

Change of plan for us today, we were supposed to head towards Nantes but as that's further inland we reasoned it would be much hotter there than the coast so we opted for there instead, we're near Noirmoutier, night time temperatures will be as cold as 24°C tonight - better break out the winter duvet!

We're off to Brittany tomorrow, apparently the rest of France is eying the region jealously because it isn't as red hot as the rest of the country, I'll let you know how much more comfortable it is tomorrow!

• Like 1

I'm relieved to say that I'm in Blighty at the moment, so I'm going to miss it all. A thing that baffles me though is Meteo France's web site. It's saying that most of the country is on orange alert for tomorrow. Well seeing as they are expecting the temperatures to be higher than 2003 when 15,000 people are supposed to have died because of the high temperatures, what are the temperatures supposed to reach for them to pit the country on red alert??

With the daytime temps supposed to be 38 at home and the minimum night temp no lower than 28, and no rain in sight, I'm expecting to return to a load of dead hydrangeas, rhododendrons and hypericums. I bet the grass will have grown though.

John.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, Brad said:

Cold...so cold....I wish global warming was real.

mmm, my feet are cold ...

51 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely and sunny the last couple of days,temp's around 20 degrees AND blowing a flamin' gale (at least it's stopped raining i suppose,reading it i suppose it should've gone in the grump thread)....

there's an ill wind ...

• Like 1

Now in Brittany and whilst it's hot it's not as hot as slightly further south, nor does it feel so stifling.  There's a nice breeze off of the sea which helps.

The Wonderful Mrs Wez tells me though that it's hotter in nearby Vannes than it is in Lisbon, Marrakech, Istanbul, Barcelona and Miami so its still pretty warm.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather at home and it's been damp and mild, ideal conditions for the grass to be high enough to warrant investment in a goat, I daresay the rhubarb will be rampant and we'll have a courgette big enough to shame a marrow!

My hope is the tomatoes in the greenhouse will be ripening.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

A little relief from the heat today, at 1700 it was 32C as opposed to 44 at the same time yesterday. The humidity is still about 70% so not entirely comfortable yet. 

Yesterday near Vannes we had a sea mist and it was very cool at about 20°C which came as a bit of a shock after recent weather!

This morning we awoke to the grumbling of distant thunder and a light shower but it didn't amount to anything. We've since moved on towards Lorient, clear blue skies and a very tolerable 25°C.

• Like 2

Slight thread drift but weather related. We have two inflatable recliners for the pool and I had a request (?) this morning from SWMBO to blow one up, which I dutifully did only to find a slow puncture in one of the seams which will be  impossible  to patch. Out came the other one and I discovered that something had chewed a hole in it. Aargh! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Slight thread drift but weather related. We have two inflatable recliners for the pool and I had a request (?) this morning from SWMBO to blow one up, which I dutifully did only to find a slow puncture in one of the seams which will be  impossible  to patch. Out came the other one and I discovered that something had chewed a hole in it. Aargh! 

Make one out of two?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...