The Weather,

Mick4350

I think we've got a storm roiling up somewhere near us.  Just walked across the patio and saw those big burgeoning clouds billowing up.  Better get a few things indoors ⛈️

It's meant to be raining in Cornwall, but they are very wrong. It's 30-odd degrees, sunny with 88% humidity.
My sister lives in the North-West and she said it's 34 degrees C at work with clouds rolling in.

It got to 35.5 degrees here today but am I complaining? *

I've found a way to cool down a tiny bit.

Warning: Anyone with any street-cred or has ever been referred to as 'cool' should look away now. **

I'm currently sitting in front of the fan with a cold flannel on my head.

It may look silly, but it's sooooo nice. *** :smile:

* Of course I am, I'm just trying to pretend that I'm not the king of wussland.

** As this is a modelling site, I'm assuming that's no one. :giggle:

*** No I'm not going to show a photo as I'm desperately trying to retain the tiniest shred of dignity. :blush:

• Haha 4

20 degrees here at the moment. We've had heavy downpours and the forecast is for more of the same, plus, maybe thunderstorms. I went out to check how much water had poured off of the garage roof, into the water butts, only to find that the taps had been left open. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

OK, I said we needed rain but this is getting silly ( only joking ). Since last Friday the afternoon temperatures have plummeted from mid thirties to low teens, and we’re going to light our wood burner this evening for a couple of hours.

Know just what you mean John. Last Friday, shorts and T shirt, and melting in the heat. This Friday, 16 degrees and a howling gale. It's so bad that it's forcing me to abandon any work outside and go up to the modelling room. Yeah I know! It's hell, but somebody's got to do it.

John.

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

Summer begins this coming Monday and our temperatures starting from Sunday are predicted to be 35°, 37°, 36° and 39° Celcius. It's getting too hot already. 🥤

And winter draws on here. We usually get some decent autumnal weather here in October but it was pretty dismal this year with lots of rain, but we’ve made up for it in the last couple of weeks with some beautiful weather. We have spent the time clearing undergrowth from an area which will eventually become a new larger patio where we can entertain next year rather than indoors if the present restrictions are still in force, and we’re not holding our breathe that thins will be ‘ back to normal ‘ soon.

• 1 month later...

Strange weather this year. Today, our temperatures ranged from 16° to 17° and it's been drizzling rain all week and two days ago we had two inches rain in a single day. Last year on the same day, our temperatures ranged from 17° to 33° Celcius.

Freezing fog ...rolling in from the sea. Visibility 200 yds. (do your own conversion to meters :P) Roads icy and you would never guess there was a lockdown with the trafic volume.

Took me 20 minutes to get the car clear of ice and internal mist to go to Tesco at 7am.this morning. ( I do that to try and miss the moron factor....... you know what I mean  :whistle:)

Dick

Used to be sunny Broadstairs

• Like 1

The weather at the moment is what the Japanese must think is good weather for procreation, as they describe it as being "breedin' cold". -5 last night, and the temperature struggled all the way up to 1 this afternoon. Still, we're in for a heat wave next week. We are supposed to be basking in temperatures of 10 degrees, but accompanied by copious amounts of wet stuff. Oh deep joy!

John.

• Haha 2

I am in Fiji  but MY police Colleagues/friends are looking after MY home in West Yorkshire,  about 45 minutes or so from Leeds  and they sent pictures of what MY garden etc looks like.

And a video.

Looks like at least 7inches of snow and video shows still snow is falling. Snow is thick and fast.

The temperature hers is 32°.

:yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

The temperature hers is 32°.

:yahoo:

You can really go off people :tease:

Wall to wall rain and wind (out side that is) here in Broadstairs ..... stash gradually being reduced ................................. could start panic buying :whistle:

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Currently have about 6 inch of snow up my way (South Leeds) Its still coming down and no sign of it letting up any time soon! 

Regards,

Steve

I have drivers out in North Yorks today & they are 'struggling' with the weather - this is a good website to see what's coming your way...

Netweather - Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - 5 Minute Updates - make sure to switch the weather type on & the animation - it's really good.

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rain, rain and more rain here for the last week or so, and everything is becoming saturated. I want to the local town this morning ( 6km, mostly down hill ) and the fields alongside the river were flooded over an area of about 10 hectares. The forecast is for another eight days of this, except the two when they expect snow, so I'm glad we live on a hill.

Same here John. Our property is on a slight incline, and all we've been doing is watching the new river, running past our house. We've also had over a week of high winds, and we still have another couple to go. Roll on summer when we can moan that it's too hot, and we need some rain.

John.

I'd like to know where summer went this year as we only had one spot of really hot weather in the first month of summer and rather ordinary weather since. Sure don't miss the plus forty degrees Celsius days. Maybe next season.