The Weather,

Mick4350

A beautiful spring morning here, still a little cool out of the sun but getting warmer. I have just been topping up a water barrel for the horses and watching a squirrel ( red of course ) leaping from tree to tree along one side of the field, and listening to the birds.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Very changeable here, more like April than May. Temperatures ranging from 18C with sun to 11C and pouring rain which is what's happening now. I'm also coming to the conclusion that the french Meteo is as hopeless as the UK Met office, ie couldn't forecast their way out of a paper bag!

Edited by Biggles87
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Its already below zero if you want to stand in the wind out in the open. Its 7.5 degrees now and said to only 2. I feel sorry for the local council who are doing a night resurfacing on the roads of our outer CBD tonight.

Brrr ...

The first falls of snow are happening this weekend, so hopefully a good skiing season ahead!

I have a dirty great thunderstorm overhead right now and very decent rain has been falling all day. 1st day of winter tomorrow! Yay!

12 pages on the weather........................................................

Thats just soooooo  BRITmodeller.  Any other modelling site outwith the UK and not a mention unless it was a tsumani or hurricane

Mind you I always really wanted to be a meteorologist when I was at school.  It would have been great just to be albe to look at a girl and tell weather.

On 01/06/2019 at 01:56, JohnT said:

Mind you I always really wanted to be a meteorologist when I was at school.  It would have been great just to be albe to look at a girl and tell weather.

Tell what? Whether she would or wouldn't? 😀

Weather? Don't talk to me about weather…

I don't usually venture into the non-modelling threads but I thought I'd post my frustration (just the one) about 'this time of year'.

The grass grows.

It rains.

Can't mow the lawn as it's too wet.

It rains.

The grass grows.

Rats :( 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Weather? Don't talk to me about weather…

I don't usually venture into the non-modelling threads but I thought I'd post my frustration (just the one) about 'this time of year'.

The grass grows.

It rains.

Can't mow the lawn as it's too wet.

It rains.

The grass grows.

Rats :( 

I feel your pain!  Fortunately we have had a couple of rain free days here, so I have been able to cut my grass today, great timing as the recycling collection is tomorrow   :thumbsup:

Did miss the D-Day stuff on TV, but I can always catch up later in the evening.  Can 't waste sunny warm days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Now waiting for the full force of Storm Miguel to arrive with winds up to 95kph and thunder. Shutters closed on exposed side of house. What's next, raining frogs?

Just checked Meteo France and around mid morning we are due to get 45km sustained winds, gusting up to 105km. There's going to be some flying tiles!!

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Just checked Meteo France and around mid morning we are due to get 45km sustained winds, gusting up to 105km. There's going to be some flying tiles!!

Sounds like a good day to do some modelling indoors .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Probably not a good day for going kit flying, then.