The Weather,

Mick4350

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Winter draws on.

Had them on all week:giggle:.

Just had a look at the vigilance map on Meteo, and our department (79), is surrounded by snow and ice. Sometimes our micro climate pays dividends.☀️

• Haha 6

Our police department was destroyed. Major damage to our street. A 163 year old church was completely destroyed. But, no deaths and only a couple of serious injuries. Our house will have to be torn down. But, we are alive and well and that is all that matters.

• Sad 6

46.6 Celsius in Adelaide today, a new record high, Ever!  49.5C further North.   118F in my garage, no warping or damage to the models, (built and stored) out there. The Super glue dries quick tho!! 

8.30pm and 38c - is this the "cool" change we were promised after 46 here in Central Vic today ?

Rattle can primer dries quickly !

"winter is coming"? Then we'll be moaning about the cold ! Any spare rain anywhere ? My tanks need drastic help !

Winter may not be coming to you southern types but it's definitely made itself at home here.

about -20c for the last few days with nearly 20cm of snow over night.

Sunny to-day but still a bit brisk.

S'posed to be worse next week.

I don't mind the cold but I drive about a hundred miles a day and trying to get home in this mess is.... umm.. exciting... 

On 23/01/2019 at 22:07, GRIM REAPER said:

Our police department was destroyed. Major damage to our street. A 163 year old church was completely destroyed. But, no deaths and only a couple of serious injuries. Our house will have to be torn down. But, we are alive and well and that is all that matters.

You're right, it is all that matters.  Hopefully you can rebuild.

It's not meant to drop below 20 deg tonight, after a day hovering near 30.

Pleasant enough to not swelter but a bit annoying at night. Time to leap in the pool and cool off prior to bed.

The forecasters are still blithering on about the hot air from Aus. heading our way (doom, gloom, pestilence, plague, etc), but their sheer incompetence knows no bounds... so it rained lightly this morning. Go figure!

4 hours ago, hairystick said:

It's not meant to drop below 20 deg tonight, after a day hovering near 30.

Pleasant enough to not swelter but a bit annoying at night. Time to leap in the pool and cool off prior to bed.

The forecasters are still blithering on about the hot air from Aus. heading our way (doom, gloom, pestilence, plague, etc), but their sheer incompetence knows no bounds... so it rained lightly this morning. Go figure!

you can have the heat 34c or there about for about 2 weeks

Wet and windy. Just returned from walking the doge, they enjoyed it not sure we did.

The pressure here dropped to 941 yesterday ( about 971 sea level ) which is about the lowest I've seen it, and the humidity has been stuck at 95% for several days.but generally better here than in the UK at the moment. Perhaps they were right to take away my Winter Fuel Allowance.

• Haha 1