The Weather,

Mick4350

Very windy here, but that's often the case the day after Mrs. Gorby has a curry.

We've had a few flakes of snow, so I'm expecting the breakdown of society in about half an hour.

• Haha 12

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Its actually quite cool here in Joburg, barely hitting 16 Deg C and its been raining most the day... 

Can tell the seasons are beginning to change down here in the sarf part of the globe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Its actually quite cool here in Joburg, barely hitting 16 Deg C and its been raining most the day... 

Can tell the seasons are beginning to change down here in the sarf part of the globe

:violin:

2 minutes ago, MAD STEVE said:

Not again Gorbs, didnt you just have one the other week :) 

Don't forget, in Cov a breakdown of society is expected at least weekly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gorby said:

:violin:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I know, its terrible man, TERRIBLE...

Had to put a cardie on today, couldn't go for a swimmies.... :( 

Edit - ok actually thats a lie, i just couldnt be bothered to go out the back and switch the pool heater on :) 

Edited by MAD STEVE
  • Haha 3

Twelve miles North of Lincoln & it has been snowing

on and off since early this morning. The sun has

been out every so often and melted some of it and

the wind has blown away even more so not much

has accumulated. Maybe an inch or so.

I've been nice and warm in the mancave since lunchtime,

and now have retired to the house by the logfire for

the rest of the day (probably) (Been left home alone!).

Graveyard Carz is on the telly so what could go wrong?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm having a day off from my job as a meteorologist so I really don't give a goat's toenail what it's like outside but if you really must know

//// 171620Z 07012KT 8000 -SN SCT006 OVC008 05/01 Q1007 YLO1= 

(letters of ICAO hidden to protect location)

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Been steadily snowing in my part of Leeds since about 4pm. Some lovely drifts formed in the garden. It looks like a set from Harry Potter! :cold:

Regards,

Steve 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Been steadily snowing in my part of Leeds since about 4pm. Some lovely drifts formed in the garden. It looks like a set from Harry Potter! :cold:

Regards,

Steve 

On t'other side of the hills here in Saddleworth it has been snowing since I got up at 7am - nothing too drastic though - but windy as beggary - hope it clears up tomorrow - I'm off to the N.E.C. on Monday for the Photography Show :cold: 

• Like 1

Three days away from the vernal equinox and it looks like a winter wonderland out there, we had some snow yesterday which came to nothing but overnight we've had 8cm's of the white stuff which has settled nicely. 

Still snowing now on the Sunshine South Coast! :(

Bit early for the local youths to go hooning down the hill on improvised sledges/toboggans etc, they'd better get a move on before the miserable old grunter who lives halfway down the hill starts gritting in order to put a stop to that kind of thing!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

Snow day here in the Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley Triangle. Village roads passable with care or if you have a 4 x4 don't care. Been out sledging with the memsahib and the chota sahib. May get some modelling done this pm.

59 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

As Darby is having a day off we appear to be having a repeat of yesterday's weather.

Make the most of another repeat today, just like the BBC are apt to have us do. Having another day off today. Travelled back to Cornwall-land last night amid snow flurries, gritters and various brands of Teutonic speed limit disregarding vehicles. Lovely morning here but now cloudy. According to Radio Cornwall-land amidst the various vegetable related narrations and hard core Jim Reeves the snow has reached St Hostile at present. For a brief moment earlier I thought there may be flakes passing by the window but it turned out to be a finger four formation of Jackdaws conducting hit and run tactics on anything below.

As and aside, reference the Fuel economy thread. Got a good return of MPG in my silver car last night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2