Frog Barracuda on Tirpitz mission #FINISHED ! #

JOCKNEY

:snail: ---------------------------------------------------- 🏁   it's a race to see who gets there first!

I guess now there's nothing left to watch on TV over there this build may progress......... :rofl2:  

+ 🇬🇧 = :weep:    gosh I'm mean! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

:snail: ---------------------------------------------------- 🏁   it's a race to see who gets there first!

I guess now there's nothing left to watch on TV over there this build may progress......... :rofl2:  

+ 🇬🇧 = :weep:    gosh I'm mean! 

It's the hope that's the killer, a bit like The Eurovision Song Contest really, something you now know all about eh Rich, you lucky boy :rofl:

Its a real shame England aren't in the World Cup Final, I have made so many new friends recently driving around with my England flags fluttering from the car. Lots of Scottish people locally have taken the time to wave at me, mostly one finger at a time but it's the thought that counts ;)

cheers Pat

• Haha 2

now if you hadn't been driving around so much trying to make new friends then you would have had this finished.

There is a rumour that Scotland whats to join the Eurovision Song Contest....... 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

now if you hadn't been driving around so much trying to make new friends then you would have had this finished.

There is a rumour that Scotland whats to join the Eurovision Song Contest....... 

That was supposed to be a secret, but now the cats out of the bag, here's our song for next year enjoy !

Back briefly to the Barracuda....

updated pictures below

IMG_3919

IMG_3920

Canopy fit isn't too good, so a bit of fettling to be done. Radio mast and landing light to fit, Klear and decals

what can possibly go wrong  :bristow:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

That was supposed to be a secret, but now the cats out of the bag, here's our song for next year enjoy !

god I sort of remember that song!!! though there are images in that clip that'll scar me for life!

My god a clip after that is Gunner Sugden and the Sgt. Maj. "Whispering Grass"....had almost forgotten about them/that. TV when it use to be truly funny.

Anyway talking about funny things....Pat!  Nice to see you're back at it even if it's down to the last few hours. I have faith in you son that you'll make it to the finish line!  :fight:

• Thanks 1

Och, Ewan McTeagle, what a genius! And his masterpiece, the grand 'What's 20 quid to the Bank of Bloody Midland?'. Step aside Robert Burns! Back to the Barracuda - I remember building this kit many aeons years ago. Nice to see someone else having a go at her. I've always liked the Barracuda, either because of or despite her rather 'interesting' looks I've never been able to decide. Best of luck getting her to the finish line, Pat!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Well they said it would never happen, and I was one of them. But it's done. Which of course means I can clear the no doubt other 4 or 5 Barracudas out of the stash !

Pictures below, good luck to everyone trying to finish today. And thank you to everyone for their encouragement, yes even you Rich !

cheers Pat

IMG_3922

IMG_3923

IMG_3924

IMG_3925

• Like 4

it's amazing what some pressure and the threat of dodgy show tune can do to a man!!

Well done Pat you've completed a build and been a Co-Host all in the same event, now you can have a well earned break. Will you ever be the same........probably not.

...and you turned out a great looking beast, gosh the weren't the prettiest of planes but were good at what they did. That was a lot of masking to do for that canopy, practice for the rest of them by the sounds of it. Well done of completing her in time.

Thanks for helping out with the build, it was fun to have you along as usual and I know you had fun, didn't you!!! :fight: You still have a few hours left as Co-Host to rustle up a few more builds before the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1