Fw.190A-3 Build Review 1:48

After not finishing a flippin' thing last year, I finished my semi-stalled Swedish J-22A in January, and now as part of a dual build of Eduard's new Royal Class boxing of the early Fw.190As, I've finished the European one (option D on the sheet).  I added a resin cockpit (A3), bronze gear legs and resin wheelie-pops, and painted her with Gunze paints for the most part, covered with a few coats of the AKAN Flat Varnish, which I'm quite fond of these days :)

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

complete7.jpg

Bada-bing! :) Now I've just got to polish off the Trop (option N on the decal sheet), and you can see both being built up here if you're interested.  I could use the encouragement for the Trop, as it's going to be getting a little dio base of a bit of desert hard-standing, while the mechanics jack up the tail to pop off the prop.  I've got issues with the base warping, and I've got some of the equipment inbound still, so delays might be the order of the day and I'll need some encouragement! :lol:

Thanks for watching, and do try the veal :eat:

• Like 57

Thanks fellas - it was enjoyable.  Everything fitted really well, and this semi-retool of their 190 line is really impressive :clap2:

Cheers guys... I've just remembered that I've not installed the innedr gear bay doors, and can't remember if they were fitted on this one.  Back to the instructions! :doh:

5 hours ago, Mike said:

this semi-retool of their 190 line is really impressive 

Looks cracking. Nice variation in the colours. 

Which parts/sprues does it carry over from the older 190 kits? 

Can I buy option C schnauzer decals off of you please? 

Tony

Cracking build Mike alway's love the look of the 190,I've got the weekend version of one of their 190 kit's  must get round tobuilding it someday!

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Cheers guys... I've just remembered that I've not installed the inner gear bay doors, and can't remember if they were fitted on this one.

almost certainly were. Super neat build, looking forward to completing mine.

6 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

almost certainly were. Super neat build, looking forward to completing mine.

Thanks for that :) The instructions agree with you, so I'd better break out the glue.  The Trop doesn't seem to have had them fitted according to the bottom plan in decal instructions though.

well... it looks brilliant - I'd look 'in the flash' though - just to be sure...

...I'm 'in the area' next week - if the kettle is on... 

8 minutes ago, BIG X said:

...I'm 'in the area' next week - if the kettle is on...

Should be - just give us a nod though, as I've got at least one hozzy appt that I can remember ;)

• Like 1

after making the 1/72 Eduard version I would like to do one of these in 1/48 as I thought the details were impressive for such a small kit and built up quick. After seeing yours I think a trip to the shops are in oder! 

Thanks fellas :)

9 hours ago, neil5208 said:

after making the 1/72 Eduard version I would like to do one of these in 1/48 as I thought the details were impressive for such a small kit and built up quick. After seeing yours I think a trip to the shops are in oder! 

Don't forget that I used the resin cockpit, bronze gear legs and wheel covers, plus wheels.  However, the kit details are still VERY good, and the build would have been a tad faster, even though all these parts were drop-in replacements :)  It is a lovely kit and an easy build.  It's really impressive the improvements they've made, and I think I've already said that, but there it is ;)

A quick build it was, which is far from my usual fare, which often involves stalls and fallow periods, sometimes stretching into years! :blush: