Sanger Hamilcar

fatalbert

Hi everyone,does anyone have any experience with the Sanger Hamilcar glider,am thinking of adding one to the stash and any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Neil

• 1 year later...

It is said to be, er, challenging. 

You might already have seen this absolutely splendid example which went on display a couple of weeks ago:

https://fonfasite.wordpress.com/2019/05/12/hamilcar-glider-diorama-added-to-the-heritage-centre-collection/

Might be worth contacting them and asking to be put in touch with whoever did that one, because he's probably the best Sanger Hamilcar builder in the world, and certainly the  one with the most current experience!

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 2

After some looking at the model the first observation is that the u/c is early type disposible wheels whereas in Planet resin kit the ferry-like type applied later in all Hamilcars is done. This is not a big problen to do it from scratch. Anyway a good drawing to know all details not provided in kit are required for sure...

Regards

J-W

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Anyway a good drawing to know all details not provided in kit are required for sure...

JW,  I can provide you with details from Hamilcar official documents. PM me if interested.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps,I did purchase one in the end along with a trenchard tank to go with it,both are sitting in the stash awaiting their turn.

• Like 1