Bandai 1/60 mkii Gundam

I am getting dangerously close to finishing now, just need to finish the beam sabres handles and the little dudes and of course the shield ( which I'm not looking forward to due to complicated painting on the inside of it)  butn I'll get it done in the end I'm sure 

here's a couple of pics of him with his rifle

42621162854_2276f7bf14_b.jpg

42621163884_435942b475_b.jpg

• Like 4

That just looks superb.

I've been wanting to get a better/larger gundam model of some sort to have a go with after getting the gundam bug building a couple of the 1/144 HG kits.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:44 PM, eureka said:

That just looks superb.

I've been wanting to get a better/larger gundam model of some sort to have a go with after getting the gundam bug building a couple of the 1/144 HG kits.

thank you eureka

I'm new to these kits and have only built a 1/144 real grade before this one and I have found the larger size much better to work with although the sheer number of parts was quite daunting at the beginning

Pete 

May the Forc..........   sorry I was thinking of a different laser sword in popular culture

42642590694_104eaf6aa6_b.jpg

the handles stow away on the sticky up bits on the backpack like so

28490318627_3d187b023b_b.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 4

And at last it's time for the shield, I've been putting this off as I wasn't really relishing the thought of painting the detail on the back but in the end it wasn't as bad to do as I thought it would be although  when I do my gp01 Gundam I'm going to do the weapons first as it's felt a slog to get them done at the end.

fronts were painted white with a bit of grey shading to match the White armour on the suit

42670369954_17a00c317e_b.jpg

the insides were painted in my now signature steel/aluminium combo but I painted the outer border in white

42670371424_296aee9e4b_b.jpg

42670376104_bd9a7a0b36_b.jpg

top part of the shield done the same way but only the uppermost area

28517426117_7bf72284e6_b.jpg

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 3

On 14 July 2018 at 1:06 AM, The Chief Smeg said:

Oh man that shield looks good

Thank you Chief

it was the part that I was least looking forward to as I got near the end but it really wasn't too bad to do and came out better than I'd hoped

Pete

On 14 July 2018 at 11:57 AM, Hunter Rose said:

Nice! The shield looks cracking! And he looks cool with the sabre handles in place :)

Thanks mate

the sabre handles really made a difference to the look once I plugged them in and finish off the backpack nicely 

There are only a few bits and bobs left to paint now and amongst them are these pieces that build up into a kind of adaptor that allows the shield to mount on the side of the forearm.

i painted them white to match the connector on the back of the shield and then masked so I could paint the end of one of them yellow

20180714_131319

Then over that with some very thin strips of tape

20180714_132628

Followed by a shot of black then a pair of tweezers to remove the masking ( I'm ashamed to say I have no fingernails due to the disgusting habit of gnawing them ) 

20180714_133248

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1

Here's the result after plucking away the tape with said tweezers

20180714_134025

Looks a tiny bit rough in places ( macro is brutal ) but to the eye is pretty clean and plenty good enough for me

20180714_134617

Parts snapped together and a touch of neutral grey wash to the recesses to give some definition

20180714_223152

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 1

And lastly the little dudes, not a lot done to these just a bit of blue for the visor and the knee pads, back pack and gloves painted dark grey and a bit of wash in the lines

20180715_174020

20180715_174030

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 2

those were the last bits done and dusted all that's left is for me to decide if I'm going to add some scratches/chipping to the armour. I'm going to wait a little while and see how I feel because I'm worried if I get stuck into it straight away I will end up rushing it just to get it done and I've spent a fair amount of time on this one and it would be a shame to muff it up now.

ive got a little side project that I started yesterday that should take me until the weekend to finish and once that's done I'll go back to this one and see how I feel about weathering it and then I'll try and take some decent pics for the rfi section

Pete

• Like 2