1/72 - Renard R-31 by Azur-FRROM - released

Homebee

9 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Azur-FRROM replied and apologised for the mistake. They are looking into it to decide what can be done to correct it.

A resin additional prop will be of the most probable choice, I think. Change of part in mould is difficult. Or they will do an injection spare .

If they will not do it, I think there is a spare Kesterl prop in  A-model Hawker Hector (Napier engine rotates opposite)...The shape of spinner is differen a bit though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Azur-FRROM replied and apologised for the mistake. They are looking into it to decide what can be done to correct it.

Thank you for taking the trouble to email them, maybe they could provide us with a corrected resin or plastic replacement ?

Let's hope so.

Regards Colin.

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

Project: Renard R-31, the only aircraft designed and built in Belgium and used in combat missions during WWII. Please see page FR0039 (link), where we have added the clear parts. The second mould is almost ready, and the propeller will be corrected. Expected release date : May 2018.  

FR0039_I0182p.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

The second mould is almost ready, and the propeller will be corrected. Expected release date : May 2018.  

I am really impressed! Very nice of Frrom-Azur. :)

Regards

J-W

• 1 month later...

At page:

http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

it is said:

"FR0039 Renard R-31, the only aircraft designed and built in Belgium and used in combat missions during WWII. We have added in page FR0039 the clear parts and the second sprue (sprue B). The propeller has been corrected as well as the control stick. We have also added the decals and PE set (modified). We are checking the instructions. Release : June 2018. Last update : 5 th of June, 2018."

Great thanks to Azur for correction of prop rotation! Within weeks it should be available :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Schemes

http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0039-2

-  R-31 - N12, 9 ème escadrille, January to May 1940

-  R-31 - N9, personnal aircraft of Cne Paul Henry de la Lindi, Commanding Officer of the 11 ème escadrille, January to May 1940

-  R-31 - N18, with dual controls, Wewelgem Flying School, 1936

FR0039_CamAp.jpg

FR0039_CamBp.jpg

FR0039_CamCp.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...