Takom M3 Lee late

Thanks Clive

I've heard the Soviets didn't like these too much and I can see why.  Mobile targets I would think. I guess the "ronson

lighters" from the Shermans would pretty much apply to these too.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Richard

Here it is as of tonight. Starting to get that faded, dusty, dirty look but needs more and maybe some rust in spots,

Got to clean some of the mud off the road wheels too as it doesn't look right where they would contact the tracks.

I don't have any clutter, chucked that all out when I thinned out my collection, never thought to save anything, so maybe

a bedroll or tarp will have to do. And some headlight lenses would look ok too, oops.

6sCEDsR.jpglrPZvAI.jpgbM5WbBh.jpghEcb3op.jpgW3kxumb.jpg

OCfQMaZ.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

I've heard the Soviets didn't like these too much and I can see why.  Mobile targets I would think. I guess the "ronson

lighters" from the Shermans would pretty much apply to these too.

They called them Coffins for 7 Brothers..........

Edited by Das Abteilung
correction

BTW, the turret co-ax on the M3 was a .30 M1919 not a .50 M2 as suggested somewhere towards the top.  So only 3 types of ammo, excluding 45ACP for personal sidearms and bail-out Thompsons.  It is perhaps surprising that the 50 wasn't used as a co-ax gun, but the 30 was more effective against infantry.  A 50 co-ax would certainly have been useful against (e.g.) emplaced AT guns and half-tracks.  

Thanks Hamden

A pretty quick build, with the exception of headlights that I seem to always forget.  Wish I hadn't thrown

out all of the clutter with my purge a few weeks back as this thing is crying out for some add on junk.

Take care,

Lloyd