M4A1 “Goldie” Normandy 1944 - Eduard/Tasca 1/35

On 12/03/2018 at 21:43, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yeah.....I'm with those guys, that's definitely a  :wow:

Brush-painted too.....That's ******* insane that is!   :worthy:

Hi Sarge and thank you very much as always.

You'll have to look out for my painting with flat brushes video which I hope to get finished this weekend!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 03:20, Ripaman said:

Whoa Stix that is a beauty :thumbsup: well done.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard. Thank you. You are most kind!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/03/2018 at 06:48, Jasper dog said:

Absolute masterpiece, faultless. Really like the way the Sherman sits in diorama/vignette rather than on it as some do, bags of character really draws you in. Superb.:wow:

Hi JD. Thank you very much for your very thoughtful comments! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/03/2018 at 07:51, longshanks said:

A stunning miniature beautifully portrayed.

Love it!

Kev

Hi Kev. Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/03/2018 at 15:35, Flyingdutchman said:

I really like your diorama and the way it turned out. Very original idea.

Evert

Hi Evert. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 13/03/2018 at 22:50, Kris B said:

That is amazing work. Tank looks good, but figures are master piece. I wish to be able to paint them like this. Good job mate. 

Thank you very much Kris - that is very kind of you to say. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

On 14/03/2018 at 17:01, Steve27752 said:

Wow! I can almost hear the engine running.

Hi Steve and thank you! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Edited by PlaStix

On 14/03/2018 at 17:10, FrancisGL said:

Excellent vignette !!, simple but very effective, for my taste, perfect in all its aspects.

The vehicle looks great, a winner. And the figures bring that touch of everydayness so interesting ... when I grow up I want to make models like you! ... lol

Seriously, an excellent job.:goodjob:

Cheers Stix :yes:

Thank you very much Francis - you are way too kind!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 15/03/2018 at 20:23, Jim Wasley said:

Another first class build from the master,ENJOYED,Cheers.

Hi Jim. Thank you - you are too kind as always!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2018 at 20:53, Ozzy said:

Nice going Stix, good to have you along for the ride.

Hi Ozzy. Thank you and thank you for your support and encouragement during the GB. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

Sorry for the delay in commenting but I'm still working on my Sherman, and what with having to post my own pics, respond to comments, read through all the STGB posts, and catching up on the more 'general' RFI's,  I'm going through the STGB's appearing here at one or two per day.

You know what I think about your Sherman Stix. Its perfect and the best model you've ever done. IMHO. And once again you've come up with a stunning diorama with a lovely, interesting and this time, humorous scene. The figures are ace too, beautifully painted and with the 'action' looking believable (No one ever said tankers were the most intelligent of people)

I love that irregular shaped base, and of course the groundwork. Your groundwork is always immaculate and realistic.

I have no idea how you managed to get everything done in the time given so hats off to you on that as well!

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the most votes in the poll, although I think it's going to be a close run thing. There's several fantastic entries, any one of which could win.

Good luck! 

Now, where do I buy a two cable, cos I've given up trying to make my own......:hmmm:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2018 at 16:35, Reini78 said:

looks great, all around lovely work

:thumbsup:

Thank you very much Reini78 - that's very kind of you.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 23/03/2018 at 11:30, Bullbasket said:

Just beginning to catch up now that I'm back home. Lovely job as always Stix. The tank, the figures and the base......superb.

John.

Hi John. That's most kind of you. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 08:29, sinhow said:

Wow! Love the unique base!

Actually I love all of it, superb!

Hi Sinhow. That is very kind of you to say - thank you. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Beyond comprehension how you even did that! Great research, great story, great idea, great diorama. Even the tanker's jackets look incredible. Very well done sir!! 

• Thanks 1

i look at the next picture and am disappointed to see the figures haven't moved!!! that is soooo realistic

• Thanks 1

On 03/04/2018 at 10:42, Badder said:

Hi Stix,

Sorry for the delay in commenting but I'm still working on my Sherman, and what with having to post my own pics, respond to comments, read through all the STGB posts, and catching up on the more 'general' RFI's,  I'm going through the STGB's appearing here at one or two per day.

You know what I think about your Sherman Stix. Its perfect and the best model you've ever done. IMHO. And once again you've come up with a stunning diorama with a lovely, interesting and this time, humorous scene. The figures are ace too, beautifully painted and with the 'action' looking believable (No one ever said tankers were the most intelligent of people)

I love that irregular shaped base, and of course the groundwork. Your groundwork is always immaculate and realistic.

I have no idea how you managed to get everything done in the time given so hats off to you on that as well!

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the most votes in the poll, although I think it's going to be a close run thing. There's several fantastic entries, any one of which could win.

Good luck! 

Now, where do I buy a two cable, cos I've given up trying to make my own......:hmmm:

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder. Hope you are well. Thank you very much all you very kind comments. As always you are far too kind. I am pleased that your project is progressing and so well. Your stowage is looking really amazing. You have used similar items to the ones I used but the way you have painted them and tied them down and added/secured them with the ropes has taken them to the next level.

Kind regards,

Stix