Korean war firefly mk5 spinner colour?

gunpowder17

10 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

The spinner on the 817 squadron RAN aircraft would be light blue.

Is that Sacre Bleu? Ha! Greetings from Texas, mate! (Is the instrument panel on the FAW21 still lighting up OK?)

Mike

14 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Is that Sacre Bleu? Ha! Greetings from Texas, mate! (Is the instrument panel on the FAW21 still lighting up OK?)

Mike

FAW-53, the 21's the Pommie version B)

Havent done too much to the old dear lately, been busy stripping the wrecks we recovered.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:05 AM, NAVY870 said:

The spinner on the 817 squadron RAN aircraft would be light blue.

Were they always light blue ? I have seen several pictures of Fireflies on Sydney wearing "Korean" stripes but with dark spinners in addition to pictures with the light blue ones. Wonder if aircrafts with dark spinners were replacements or maybe 817 changed the colour of the spinner at some point ?

18 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Were they always light blue ? I have seen several pictures of Fireflies on Sydney wearing "Korean" stripes but with dark spinners in addition to pictures with the light blue ones. Wonder if aircrafts with dark spinners were replacements or maybe 817 changed the colour of the spinner at some point ?

I believe the EDSG spinners were the loan aircraft we got from the Royal Navy.

The ones we bought home with us had the light blue spinners (my VX.388 included)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

FAW-53, the 21's the Pommie version B)

Havent done too much to the old dear lately, been busy stripping the wrecks we recovered.

Oops, my mistake, Steve! Hope that didn't blow my cred!  What wrecks are you stripping, he asked, off-topic?

Mike