Halifax Z nose conversion

AGS

I would like to build a Halifax B.Mk.II series 1 special with the Tollerton or Z nose for a friend whose uncle was killed in 1943 flying for 10 Squadron. (A colour profile of the very aircraft is in the centre spread of the Squadron Signal publication of the Halifax in Action.)  I understand that Freightdog made a conversion for this variant, but it is out of production, so I am approaching the membership to enquire if anyone has a copy which he/she would like to sell.  Barring that, I was told the Revell B.Mk.III kit has the Z nose as an option, and if anyone has one that will not be used, I would like to purchase it.  Of course, I shall pay for the postage fee to Vancouver B.C. Canada.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, modelldoc said:

It not clear why, but the Z nose is in this kit:

https://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/aircraft/world-war-ii/id/04936.html

modelldoc

He is aware of that. I told him that on Hyperscale. On my suggestion, he's here looking to see if any member may have the fairing as spare that they may be willing to part with.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
Can't type good

I have the Revell B III kit but it is at our other house and I wont have access to it for a little more than 2 weeks. If you can wait that long you are welcome to the part ...  Postage isn't an issue since I live near Spokane WA

Thanks for all the replies and the very useful pictures.  A chap in North Vancouver, where I live, contacted me and he is currently searching through his stash to see if he can locate his.  If this doesn't pan out, then I shall be approaching those of you who have offered to help.  I am in no hurry as I have 4 kits on the go at the moment, so it will be some time before I can even get around to building the Halifax.

• Like 2