A Cuban Sea Fury.

15 hours ago, Ilan said:

Very nice work so far Tim!

Thanks IIan, I keep looking out for one of your superb builds.

12 hours ago, Howard Moon said:

Great work with the masks Kurt, it’s really looking the part now.. The rudder looks superb and adds a nice touch of color. 

Cheers H, yes its a shame this particular aircraft never carried the national markings on the fuselage and wings after it received the mottling.

9 hours ago, Sean_M said:

Tim 

I am glad that the masks came out so well. I worried that we were in the realms of "being too small for the cutter". So email me finished pics. Guys please join the Facebook Group. Their is always something happening. Sadly I don't get to Britmodeller as much as I would like. 

Regards

Sean

Topnotch Masks and Models

Sean, i'd every confidence in you 👍 It would be a understatement to say I was pleased with them.

8 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

That is coming along soooo nicely.

Pete

Thanks Pete, much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Nice build and paintjob so far... those markings are excellent...

Thanks for looking in and your comments. 

1 hour ago, Diggers11 said:

Hi Tim,

Just catching up with this thread. Great work on painting the Cuban Flag on the fin and the stencils are very tidy.

Mark.

Hi Mark, cheers for looking in again.

Have you made a start on your Sea Fury yet?.

Thanks also to everyone who hit the like button.

Tim.

47 minutes ago, tank152 said:

Hi Mark, cheers for looking in again.

Have you made a start on your Sea Fury yet?. 

Thanks also to everyone who hit the like button.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

I'm afraid i have not started my Sea Fury yet, still plugging away with my Hawk and MiG-29 builds. They are dragging along a bit at the moment.

Mark.

On 14/05/2018 at 20:03, pipthepilot said:

Looking really good, your paintwork is outstanding.

Thanks Pip, I appreciate that.

23 hours ago, Diggers11 said:

Hi Tim,

I'm afraid i have not started my Sea Fury yet, still plugging away with my Hawk and MiG-29 builds. They are dragging along a bit at the moment.

Mark.

I know exactly where you're coming from, although I have actually just finisheda Fw190 that I started around a year ago.

5 hours ago, Ilan said:

Hi Tim, I am working on this one at the moment:

Oops, I missed that one didn't I. Thanks for the link.

Tim.

• 4 months later...

Hi Tim - you really are doing a neat job on this Sea Fury - I'm particularly impressed with the paint finish you have done - are the MRP paints lacquer based and can they be sprayed straight from the bottle? - I've floated between enamels and acrylic paint and am still undecided but these MRP paints seem to give a really good finish

CJP

14 hours ago, CJP said:

Hi Tim - you really are doing a neat job on this Sea Fury - I'm particularly impressed with the paint finish you have done - are the MRP paints lacquer based and can they be sprayed straight from the bottle? - I've floated between enamels and acrylic paint and am still undecided but these MRP paints seem to give a really good finish

CJP

Hi, thanks for the comments. 

Yes MRP paints are lacquer based and can be sprayed straight out of the bottle as I have done with this build. They spray without any problems whatsoever. If you so wish they can be thinned more by using either their own thinners or rhe Mr Color thinners.

Don't worry about them being lacquer based and them creating loads of smell/fumes as you don't need industrial  air pressure to spray them 10/15 psi is all that is required this means you can get up close to whatever you're spraying. They dry pretty fast and to a nice  tough satin finish.

Their clear coats are excellent as well which is what i've used here, combinations of semi gloss & semi matt.

• Thanks 1

On 23/09/2018 at 15:19, Howard Moon said:

Kurt,

So pleased to see this back on the go. I think your choice of greens is spot on and your spray work is flawless as usual. Makes me want to build one.

H

H, I appreciate that comment.

On 23/09/2018 at 16:24, Ilan said:

Look very nice!

Thanks IIan,  

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Glad this is back on the boil.

Pete

Hi Pete, yes I thought i'd better get a wriggle on and get it completed.

I love the pic of your dog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Scimiter.

Had a bit of a play today woth some UV Light setting glue. I had originally just used some Klear to cover the landing lights or whatever they are? However it just self levelled and didn't look very good. The UV stuff dried with a nice convex finish and looks far more convincing for the lenses.

Starboard, 

20181009_192941

Port.

20181009_193046

It dries crystal clear as well.

I can't say i'm impressed with RP's though, I just lost interest trying to get the fin areas to look half decent, thankfully you can't see them when it's on it's wheels!

Next step is to lightly weather it with some earthy tones.

Tim.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Just read through this thread as I love the Cuban Air Force (one of my keen interests) and I must say that this build is incredible sir. You should be extremely proud of your work! 👏👍

The MRP paints, as long as sprayed at a lower pressure - do they not tend to spiderweb as i've always been concerned of this, but do keep meaning to try them!

Chris 😁

• Thanks 1

Hi Chris, 

I can honestly say MrP is the best stuff i've used to date. As long as you're not heavy handed with it and keep the psi low, I use around 10-12 psi, you'll be fine. Don't expect an opaque coverage after 1 pass though, you need to build up slowly which is the beauty of using it. I get mine from here.

https://www.hmhobbies.co.uk/

Their service is spot on and fast.

Thanks for your comments, they're much appreciated. 

I've finished her now, I just need to get round to taking some pics of it and get them in rfi.

Tim.

• 1 month later...