Where for a 747?

Skeg

Where does everyone keep their completed 747 builds? Got one in the stash that I'd like to do but no idea where I'd put it. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

I assume you're talking 1/144?

I have two completed 747s, a -200 and an SP.  Both live in apple boxes in the loft and come out when I decide to take them to model shows.  

Yes to 1/144. 

I was thinking top of cabinet but was worried it being knocked off but may be best option. 

Will get the 747 out onto the desk🙂  

Its the zvezda 747-8 and thinking the paint/decals might be tricky for me. 

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Andre B said:

I put them on the wall. One can hang them on the nosewheel. Just be sure to use an proper screw and secure the aircraft with an rubberband...

An interesting idea but can a thin nosewheel strut take the weight of a large aircraft?

On 6/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, FortyEighter said:

An interesting idea but can a thin nosewheel strut take the weight of a large aircraft?

It was my uncle who gave me the tip 40 years ago. His Revell Lufthansa Boeing is still hanging on the wall. 

And if you are afraid of the nosewheel you can always use a screw. For sure the 747 it's a large aircraft but it's not heavy as a model...

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 2:25 AM, FortyEighter said:

A friend of mine uses the nose wheel well (or fishing line around the tail) as the anchor point when displaying them on the wall. These are all 1/72

27880866307_dc666467b5_o.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 5:18 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I keep mine on top of my display cases.

One finished; B747-8f

26889566998_47e9600a56_b.jpg

3 more (B747-100, B747-200 & B747-400F) on the bench (1 of them is in one of the boxes under the shuttle :D - to go under the shuttle) 

39865091275_fbfe955621_b.jpg

Hi... Please, who is making those decals for the A330 MRTT/ Tanker? Is it a kit?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, MadRicky said:

Hi... Please, who is making those decals for the A330 MRTT/ Tanker? Is it a kit?

Thanks

Hey Ricky,

The conversion was made about 10 years ago by a guy in Sydney. It is along out of production.

The decals were also released around then, also long out of production. They were released by Southern Sky Models in Perth.

I believe the decals will be released sometime in the future by Ronin Decals (he did the original artwork), I don't know when though. Ronin has a website and is on Facebook.