1/72 Handley Page Hampden Mk.I, Valom

Hi, everyone! 

No.517 Squadron was a meteorological squadron, forming as part of Coastal Command from No.1404 (Met) Flight in August 1943. A shortage of Halifaxes meant that the squadron was initially equipped with Hampdens and Hudsons, and even had to borrow four B-17F Flying Fortresses from the 379th Squadron, USAAF, to fill a gap between the end of Hudson and Hampden operations and the arrival of the Halifax. The squadron's main duty was to carry out meteorological flights over the western approaches, to help forecast the weather.

After the arrival of the Halifax in November 1943, the squadron moved to Pembroke shire, continuing to carry out weather flights while also performing anti-submarine patrol duties.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DdMeWOjbyzxsLjuLLtsh013kn53Jgp_E

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 54

3 minutes ago, shatters said:

That's beautiful, what was the valom kit like to build ?

The kit is typical shortrun, not for young modeller. There are many incompatibilities in details. I also added a few details of mine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Knight_Flyer said:

An excellent build, still have mine in stash. Interesting contrast with the panel lines, dark colour on the lower surface and white on the upper.

And this despite the fact that the washing is the same - gray.))

• Like 1

Very nice Fuad. The Hampden is one of my favourite bombers for some strange reason, possibly to do with the name of the school I went to as a kid & the name association stuck. Anyhow, I like Hampdens & I do like your take on them a lot. :)

Steve.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Merlin said:

Oh no,,....all photos have vanished and I wished to see the results to decide if to get a valom. and study your model.

Merlin

Apparently, Fuad  has used GOOGLE Photo and the URL has expired. When I click on one of the grey bars, I get this:  URL signature expired

I have heard of this happening with GOOGLE Photos. Be warned!

Chris

P.S. I have messaged Fuad to let him know.

• Thanks 1