The Su-57 are arriving

magman2

On 30/06/2020 at 15:33, Mike said:

It's a fun scheme, but I can't see how it can help with camouflage.  Nature abhors a straight line :hmmm:

Squint - it's no longer a collection of straight lines but a dark fuzzy outline of an Su-57 that is smaller than the actual aircraft against a lighter outline that is more representative of the sky.

In a turning, visual fight it suddenly turns out it's closer than your first glance suggested meaning that you need to rethink your shot / manoeuvre and that's to your disadvantage.

Similar to the false bows and sterns on battleships that would give an erroneous range and hence an incorrect torpedo solution when glimpsed through a periscope.

Mind you the distortion on that canopy probably means that the opfor pilot probably thinks they're fighting a Hasegawa Egg Plane anyway !

Edited by Pigpen
Grammar and clarity - as usual
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Who was worried about rivets and panel lines?

Was ten years ago:

943280_original.jpg

Now:

943483_original.jpg

B.R.

Serge

P.S. They just switched from painting with Zvezda enamels to painting with AKAN enamels, so rivets and line panels are not visible, now!

😉😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robertone139 said:

I woder if you can still look straight into the intake at the compressor first stage, that would be a big stealth denial feature.

Inside intake big portrait Putin*, 😁having met with him radio-electronic waves of enemy radar in horror scatter in different directions without getting back on the radar receiver!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

* - but who is now afraid of Putin, in reality there are portraits of Stalin, Lenin, Karl Marx and Merlin Manson, but this is a big secret! 😉😁😁

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Inside intake big portrait Putin*, 😁having met with him radio-electronic waves of enemy radar in horror scatter in different directions without getting back on the radar receiver!

And if that doesn't cut it, there is always the backup chaff/flare/novitsjok dispenser in the back. ;)

Thanks for the assembly line pictures, by the way - I haven't seen these before. 

Spasibo,

Andre

She's a lot slicker than the prototypes, which I guess is to be expected.  I've always liked the Pak-Fa as it was originally called (I prefer that name), and am looking forward to a decent kit in 1:48 that doesn't represent the early ones.

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Inside intake big portrait Putin*,

________

* - but who is now afraid of Putin,

2 hours ago, Hook said:

And if that doesn't cut it, there is always the backup chaff/flare/novitsjok dispenser in the back. ;)

d86dad9s-960.jpg

Caption under the photo: "This one here, on the Internet writes nasty things about You!" 😉😁😁

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I've always liked the Pak-Fa as it was originally called (I prefer that name),

PAK-FA? Mike, as for me, there is something soapy in this!

119879c9da7fb0c0c9e04c237c4c509d

😉😁

Su-57 more traditional....as for my.

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Caption under the photo: "This one here, on the Internet writes nasty things about You!" 😉😁😁

One moment, I was just reading this when suddenly my doorbell rang. I'll be right back. ;)

I prefer the Su-57 moniker as well. So many great designs by the bureau...

Cheers,

Andre

1 minute ago, Hook said:

One moment, I was just reading this when suddenly my doorbell rang. I'll be right back. ;)

Announcement!  Watch over the next 10 years on Hook Facebook

great photos:

- Siberian bears;

- Siberian forest;

- frozen thermometer summer;

- mosquito size with a dog.

😉😁

9 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

PAK-FA? Mike, as for me, there is something soapy in this!

119879c9da7fb0c0c9e04c237c4c509d

😉😁

Ahhh....I forgot to add that Pak* was the name of the teacher of higher mathematics

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Пак,_Витольд_Витольдович

at my technical university, to whom I once took an exam in this subject.

Since I do not have very good relations with higher mathematics (I had no luck with good teachers, as I think), my memories are not very good either ... therefore, "Pak-Fa" associations are for me "mathematics and soap" ...😁

But in some sense any modern aircraft for designer it's many "mathematics and soap"!

😉😁

B.R.

Serge 

* - many stories were told about him ... one of the most famous is when a student could not get a grade in higher mathematics for a long time, and one day he was in a hurry for an exam, stumbled, fell, dropped a student's grade book in which grades were given, a grade book  dropped out of my hands and slid across the floor through the gap between the floor and the door and flew into the auditorium where V. Pak was taking exams in higher mathematics for students.

The student froze in horror and bewilderment, because this was his last chance to pass the exam and in case of failure, he would simply be kicked out of the university. Imagine his surprise when, five minutes later, from under a crack in the door of the lecture hall, his grade book flew back across the floor. He took it with trepidation and excitement, opened it .... and was surprised to see there a positive assessment that allowed him to continue his studies at the university....

According to rumors, when Pak was asked why he gave a good grade in this case, he said, "Because of the originality! So nobody gave me the grade book yet!"

😁😁😁

What is true in this, and what a fairy tale now no one will say ...

5 hours ago, magman2 said:

Testing a new Missile 

spacer.png

Net Photo 

More powerful (because more long) modification R-77 with classic rudders instead of grille-rudders?

B.R.

Serge

13 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

More powerful (because more long) modification R-77 with classic rudders instead of grille-rudders?

B.R.

Serge

could be!

also hase some resemblace to the Indian Astra missile, no?

https://sputniknews.com/military/201909291076915403-indian-air-force-to-get-first-indigenous-air-to-air-missile-soon---drdo-chief-/

astra-twitter.jpg

https://images.financialexpress.com/2018/09/astra-twitter.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

😁

On this topic was many discussion about "Su-57 really true stealth or not really stealth?" 😁

In reality Su-57 have unique high-tech stealth mode, it is enough for the pilot to press the top secret button in the cockpit: "View like as self-propelled gun!" and it:

large_TS45-su-57-NET.jpg?lm=1526625403

flies across the sky! 😉😁

How do you's like that, my dear F-35 and F-22 fans, can they stealth in this mode?

😉😁

If seriously, news from 31.10.2020 "The second production aircraft of the fifth generation Su-57 made a successful test flight in the skies over Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Air Force may receive the first batch of aircraft at the end of this - beginning of next year."

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Aardvark said:

In reality Su-57 have unique high-tech stealth mode, it is enough for the pilot to press the top secret button in the cockpit: "View like as self-propelled gun!" 

Old hat. The aerobatic Su-26 could do that way earlier! 😎

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Su-57 reveals his secrets?

989860_original.jpg

B.w. married modelers should not put this photo as a desktop screen saver for their computer:

990097_original.jpg

in order to avoid claims from your wife and divorce proceedings! 😉😁

Now we need to monitor Twitter or Instagram in order to identify previously unpublished photos of the interior of the Su-57 cockpit !!!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...