1/32 Me-262 A1

I've had one in the stash for several years and I keep looking at it and thinking " I should build this". Perhaps  the 262 GB will give me that little push, although my track record with GB is not wonderful ( four started, one finished ). Anyway I'll tag along if I may.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Today's work - lots that you can't actually see, as it looks like you can see a lot less through the fuselage hatch than I thought. Anyway fuselage and wings closed up, will need a little filler, but it's definitely one of Trumpeters better fitting kits

P1000216.JPG

P1000217.JPG

Peter

• Like 4

Today's work - first making a couple of Jumo's. Not spending a lot of effort on these as they will be covered by the nacelles

P1000218.JPG

Then adding the panels - ended up removing the guns to add lead shot, as otherwise it would have been a tailsitter. These required a *lot* of fettling and filling to get to fit

P1000219.JPG

P1000220.JPG

Peter

• Like 2

Today's work - first a long session adding the nacelles. Bit strange this - one was nearly perfect fit, the other was terrible, but with a lot of fettling they fit

P1000221.JPG

P1000222.JPG

Then added the flaps / slats and control surfaces, and masked off the canopy. Still need to mask up the engines and wheel wells

P1000223.JPG

P1000224.JPG

Peter

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Nice painting scheme, I always wanted to have one of Nowotny´s aircraft.

Are you going to extend the slats when you finish painting the model?

I know they should on the ground but no, I glued them in place, as much as anything to avoid spraying the RLM02 and masking where they would slide out. Lazy I know :-)

• Like 1

Today's work - decals. Good points, they are nice and thin, bad points they are terribly fragile, and left me with some jigsaws to re-assemble. Ended up having to mask and spray the yellow band as that decal fell completely apart. Anyway this is how it looks now with another clear coat over the decals

P1000230.JPG

P1000231.JPG

Peter

• Like 3