Tyabb airshow

zebra

I went to an airshow at Tyabb near Melbourne today. Nice show, a mix of warbirds and aerobatic and vintage aircraft, including a Boomerang, Wirraway, Harvards, Trojans, the world's only flying Hudson, Mustangs, a Spitfire VIII, but the star of the show for me was this Avenger. Just three photos for now, might post more when I have a chance to sort through them all.

TBM-3

TBM-3

TBM-3

Edited by zebra
changed title
  • Like 10

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting Zebra

I have a soft spot for the Avenger to having seen one fly a few times over here at flying legends airshows. Considering it’s size it always looks quite agile to me.

James

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smudge said:

Did you sort out the Boomerang, Wirraway and Trojans etc.

I did - a few more warbirds from the show:

First time I'd seen this rather fine looking Mustang in action:

A68-199

I'll never tire of seeing this Hudson in flight - the only airworthy Hudson left:

Hudson

One of the local Harvards in action:

Diving Texan

A collection of Aussie warbird photos wouldn't be complete without the Boomerang and Wirraway:

Boomerang

Wirraway A20-176

And a couple of Trojans:

VH-NAW

VH-CIA

Quite a lot more on Flickr here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgQB2nB

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

Excellent pics. Would love to see the HUdson and the other CAC types myself.

Thanks Paul. The Hudson is a fine sight, we’re very lucky to be able to see it fly. There are quite a few airworthy CAC types in Australia - several Mustangs, Wirraways and Winjeels, the Boomerang (there’s another one but I’ve not seen in for a few years) and an Avon Sabre. On top of these there are a couple of Spitfires, a Hurricane and Fw 190 (not seem either of these in action yet), a few Kittyhawks, a Corsair (apparently still recovering from a belly landing). And I think someone in Queensland is restoring a Beaufort. So a pretty healthy warbird scene.