1/48 - Polikarpov R-5/MR-5 "Natacha" by Arsenal Model Group (AMG) - R-5 released

Homebee

After the 1/144th and maybe 1/72nd kits (link), Arsenal Model Group (AMG) is to release 1/48th Polikarpov R-5 & MR-5 kits

Sources:

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/3125-kyiv-hobby-show-2017/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-41772

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1898002190512233&id=1505395696439553

Box art

MR5.jpg

3D renders

3D model of our new project is Polikarpov R-5 in 1/48-th

28828302_1898001550512297_82282395176663

28828631_1898001580512294_88599202743157

28424098_1898001547178964_63583842445636

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What is shown is R-5, beautifully moulded, BTW.

Was the "Natasha" name for only Polikarpov RZ in Spain or for bot: R-5 and R-Z? I do not remember the nick name for R-5 but I have kind of feeling that it was "Russo"? 

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JWM said:

What is shown is R-5, beautifully moulded, BTW.

Was the "Natasha" name for only Polikarpov RZ in Spain or for bot: R-5 and R-Z? I do not remember the nick name for R-5 but I have kind of feeling that it was "Russo"? 

Regards

J-W

The Spanish CW names for them were 'Natasha' and 'Rasante', but I can't remember which was which....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Roger Holden said:

The Spanish CW names for them were 'Natasha' and 'Rasante', but I can't remember which was which....

Of course Natasha was R-Z, many thanks for recalling name "Rosante' (not Russo) :) for R-5.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleased to see the R-5 in plastic and in 1/48.  Years ago I’d seen photos of the resin R-5 by Rest Models and it was very high priced so I passed on it.   Mine will end up in the SCW scheme.   I’ve also bought AMG’s Bf-109A so they are slowly getting my hobby funds. 

Edited by cduckworth
Added text

Wow! I hope the "not another Spitfire" crowd buys this in good numbers, so that AMG will have funding to continue "different" choices like this one.

I won't be getting one, myself as it just doesn't interest me that much, plus I'm on a self imposed "ban on biplanes."

Now when the Hawker Hart comes out, that may be a different story… 🤔

Edited by Don McIntyre
  • Like 1

I'd like to get one of these. I am stalled on building the resin I -3 from Rest models since I snapped the cabane struts, and this one looks equally as nice. Biplanes are not my favourite either - because I do struggle aligning struts - hence the snapped cabanes!  Susoectthis one might be a bit easier as the top wing won't weigh quite so much and styrene has more flex than resin.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my R-5 today.  What a large wingspan!  Thrilled to see this in plastic. I wasn’t turned off by the resin offering but the shipping was very high so I never ordered one. 

There’s no references for the interior color of the cockpit in the instructions; anyone have any references for a 1930’s Russian aircraft.  Mine will be finished as a Republican Spanish Civil War a/c. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, cduckworth said:

Received my R-5 today.  What a large wingspan!  Thrilled to see this in plastic. I wasn’t turned off by the resin offering but the shipping was very high so I never ordered one. 

There’s no references for the interior color of the cockpit in the instructions; anyone have any references for a 1930’s Russian aircraft.  Mine will be finished as a Republican Spanish Civil War a/c. 

Thanks

Probably A-14 Steel Grey, scroll down

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/colors/color-table.html

General R-5 page

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/r-5/R-5.htm

@Massimo Tessitori  or @Learstang may know more

16 hours ago, cduckworth said:

Troy

I certainly appreciate the pages with the links.  Looking at the Rest build on the Spanish site I have to think the AMG kit is a close copy of the resin kit. 

Why do you think it's a copy of the old resin kit? Parts layout? Similar or repeated errors?

I  the end, they both represent the same original aircraft. 

Vedran