Meng Panzer III ( Toon)

My latest critter.

Panzer%20III%2001-L.jpg

As this is one of my all time favourites I have been hanging out for this one to come out.

The kit is the usual Meng Toon affair.  Everything fits very well and has some neat details.  But I like my cartoons a touch less cartoonish so I had to start bashing stuff.  First up was that chunky side armour.  I had to thin it down but keep as many pieces of the original kit as I could.  Here's the first side all done.

Panzer%20III%2002-L.jpg

Everything thinned out and new armour from styrene sheet.  ( hacked out and replaced the intake mesh too, cause I'm a nut.)

Panzer%20III%2003-L.jpg

I think this looks a bit better than...

Panzer%20III%2004-L.jpg

This?

Now that I know what I'm doing should only take a couple hours to fix up the other side.  Then I can get on to the rest of the bits :)

Loving it so far and looking forward to painting this one ( Yellow with green wavy stripes )

Thanks for looking in.

Anybody else building one of these?  Or the new Panther?

Dan

• Like 6

I like it!  That's a sweet little Panzer III

I bet you had a smile on your face the whole time eh, Chris :)

That's what I love about these kits.  Brings back why I build in the first place, FUN.  No stress, just putting' stuff together and painting it up.  Do what you like as there are no rules but what you bring to the table.  The kits build so quick and everything just falls together.  I bet you could bash one out in couple of hours and be painted in a few more.  Any others lurking in the undergrowth?

Dan

• Like 1

Way to go Chris!  So much fun aren't they?  Your group looks quite superb, thanks for sharing them.

If anybody else has tried these kits and wants to share please do as I love seeing these kits built.  So many different takes on how to build them.

Progress;

Panzer%20III%2005-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2006-L.jpg

Most of my time spent on modifying the drive and return wheels as they both come as exactly the same parts.  Also spent some time adding little bits here and there but nothing too much.  I will add some stowage and some epoxy putty tarps to add some colour.  Still have a smile on my face so must be doing something right.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of progress over Easter.  Still a lot I want to do but getting to look like the way I want it.

Panzer%20III%2007-X2.jpg

I love going through my older junked models and finding bits to steal for these kinds of projects.  Having fun and that's the point of modelling.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 4

Progress; 

Basic construction completed, now off to the paint booth smile.png

Panzer%20III%2009-X2.jpg

Panzer%20III%2010-X2.jpg

Panzer%20III%2011-X2.jpg

Need to straighten one of the armour panels, thankfully they are removable for painting wink.png .  So much more you could do with these little critters, but you have to stop somewhere.

Having a blast, glad you guys like it so far.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Progress;

Panzer%20III%2016-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2017-L.jpg

Having so much fun.  I want to get this one finished to take to Expo and then start on my first WNW kit.  But darn it if Meng hasn't got two more of these little critters coming out soon, Darn you MENG!!!!

Dan

• Like 4

Pretty much done, just a few more little tweaks.

Panzer%20III%2018-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2019-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2020-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2021-L.jpg

I think it came out okay, better than I expected.  I might make a little base for this so I can take it to the local Expo.  I see that the new Toon Panther is available so...... :)

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

• Like 4

Progress;

Just the basics ;)  

Even wonder what you can use the wooden tops off soft cheeses for?

Panzer%20III%2022-XL.jpg

Panzer%20III%2024-XL.jpg

Panzer%20III%2023-XL.jpg

They can make nice round bases for smaller models.

Once this lot drys off I can add some greenery.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

THAT! Sir is amazing. My modeling and painting skills aren’t up to your standard but I’m sure as hell going to give mine a head in your direction.  I would like to have seen how you got from the not painted to the first paint stage as it looks like a lot of work has gone on. But you have opened my eyes to a new world. Thanks. 

Johnny. 😃

• 4 months later...