Mitsubishi J2m Raiden.

Hi folk's,posted a pic of this the other day during a discussion of spinning prop kit's so after seeing NoelBarnes excellent build I thought I'd give it another

airing as the four year old PB link's are long gone,I used Maskol over an aluminium finish then the top green and yellow wing leading edges,once dry it

was buffed to remove the maskol and paint to give it an over the top weathering to echo the state these aircraft got into due to the climate and lack of

servicing late in the war.

40693618182_e8c9c22f7f_b.jpg

40026279364_3b55dda4ce_b.jpg

40693608822_f77dfd6707_b.jpg

40026270714_b3a72c161e_b.jpg

And prop fired up!Thank's for looking.

25825351327_f3b21c918e_b.jpg

• Like 21

Hi Steve,

a weathered Japanese plane nicely weathered is always a feast for the eyes, and yours is no exception.

Well worn Raiden!  Great job!

I just do not know the Raiden well. Were the ailerons and moving surfaces where the aluminium is showing covered in metal or fabric? This is always the scary question as far as I am concerned...

Beautiful Raiden!

JR

• Like 1

Many thank's folk's to be honest if  I were to do this kit now I would add some washes and a lot more discolouration of the green,but it was more an exercise

in trying out the maskol and I picked the kit up for a fiver so nothing lost if it went wrong big style,as for Josip's question I can't recal anissue with the cowl

but then it was three or more year's ago!