1/72 Revell Sd.Kfz. 164 "Nashorn"

Hello,

this is my first tank model, I actually assembed it probably two years ago, but didn't do proper weathering until now. I watched some Youtube instructions and played a little bit with mud and dirt. The mud was created in primitive way using wood glue, real dirt, and acrylic paint. I use graphite pencil for highlighting metal parts. I didn't have anything suitable for diorama, so I made a little place out of balsa wood, and filled it with dirt from outside. Feel free to comment.

https://imgur.com/a/zKTYY

Edited by blackarrow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nice Nashorn. I also use imgur if you go to the upper left corner where it says link tap on that. Then select Direct link. After that cut & paste and you can actually place photo’s directly into your WIP’s or RFI’s. 

Dennis

Thanks. When I create a new topic, I go to Link, and Insert into post. This gives me the same link I got in the post. If I go to Insert other media, Insert image from URL, I put in the imgur link, but I can't post it, it is marked red.

9 hours ago, divad said:

The weathering effects you've applied look very good, and really capture a wet muddy look on the wheels and tracks. Nice work.

Thanks. I am indeed happy with the muddy tracks and wheel, but not so much with the connections with the ground (the colors are different). Also, not very happy with the washing process, I guess I put a lot of color (thick color) so instead of highlighting details, I barely painted they and places around them. 

But, as I said, this first model is more of a experiment to me.

“Insert other media, Insert image from URL, I put in the imgur link, but I can't post it, it is marked red.”

@blackarrow You can place it directly into your post. You dont need to use the “insert other media” option. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle