Tamiya A-10A Thunderbolt II 1/48

Cheers gents. :)

There are some errors, I really wish I'd spent more time on the decals, I think I could have done them better. And there are some mould seams I missed.

Edited by Mr Bowcat

• 11 months later...

I was looking online for out of the ordinary A-10 paint schemes when I came across your feed. Wow...yes for a second build so nice! if you stick to aircraft you'll be a force to be reckoned with. I did an A-10 some years ago but I am looking at another but this time spend the time and money to collect the Eduard, Aires and Italeri expansion packs to really challenge the modelling skills. I really like your edges on the paint and the ordinance. Don't worry too much about the decals its so hard to know what your getting in a kit I have gone to the expense of ordering custom decal sheets just to find that they are worse than what came with the kit. More often than not they are too thick stand too proud, to thin and tear or don't conform well no mater how much decal softener you use.

Really nice job on the ejection seat its hard to mask the cockpit and avoid overspray perhaps some of the more experienced members have some tips. A few tricks I have tried is stuffing soft foam around the ejection seat and into the wind screen then around as much of the cockpit as possible, then masking canopy inside and out and closing the cockpit. If there is a crack the foam catches the spray and protects your seat and interior.

Again very nice to look at ill be following look forward to your next build.