Anything but injection GB Chat

21 hours ago, Paul821 said:

hat you can buy a straight edge with a safety guard

But wheres the fun in that? I think this hobby is the most fun you can legally have with sharps and solvents, and now it seems that for the more adventurous, even vacuum pumps!

9 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

FWIW I would rather not have voting and competition in GBs. I have enough of that IRL. 

Mixed economy is probably the buzz-phrase; I'm actually slightly embarrassed when I get a vote because I can always see way more builds deserving of that vote. But it has been commented that there are less and less competition galleries; I'm not sure what that's about, it's clearly an easy thing to set up a display gallery- just a thread with a lock-date set on it.

Maybe setting up the poll is the hard bit, as I'm about to find out!

As Claudia Winkelman would say, 'The lines are now open'

Or at least I think they are, but it's a bit hard to see from this end! for one thing, I can't tell if you've got 1 of infinite votes so I await the squeals and I might need to seek the mighty @Enzo Matrix for help if I've broken it already.

Apparently, it's 'bad form' to lobby for votes at the Oscar's so to honour that tradition...I'll sue the words that appear in the trade press in Oscar season

The following wish to draw attention to their recent production(s)

@theplasticsurgeon, @Heather Kay, @JWM, @JOCKNEY, @Jb65rams, @LorenSharp, @airfixpeter, @stevehed, @PeterB, @bianfuxia, @AdrianMF, @Mr T, @825, @Ray S, @Louise, @Kallisti, @djktrumpet, @CliffB, @Torbjorn, @Marklo, @Dave_R, @Tim R-T-C

Hopefully the descriptions make sense. it was a struggle without cut and paste!

I've set the poll to close 23:59 on Sunday 25 July partly because that's our wedding anniversary, but also to give you plenty of time to ponder. There again vote early and vote often!!

Ok, I seem to have done something wrong, or as they say on Strictly, 'some of you may be experiencing technical issues'

It looks like it's gone to one vote on sheet 1 but unlimited votes on screen 2 and I can't seem to edit it. Stand by for a PM @Enzo Matrix! In the meantime, please enjoy browsing- unless of course the available choice happen to match your choices!

4 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

I've set the poll to close 23:59 on Sunday 25 July partly because that's our wedding anniversary

Well I guess that is one way of remembering your anniversary, should one be a little absent minded of course. 😉 Enjoy your day when it comes around.

John

• Thanks 1

Votes duly cast - what a fine selection on display as well. Thanks to @Mjwomack for looking after us, and having failed to get anywhere near finishing I have another build that might get into this year's KUTA GB - hoorah! 😀

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

I have another build that might get into this year's KUTA GB - hoorah! 

That's a very positive approach- from now on I will enter GBs with the intention of having something to put into KUTA🤣

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Wow! The voting was close, I think that there might have to be a dance off. :lol:

You're ahead of me! I'd best go and have a look; not sure I can cope with a dance off- personally I'll be happy if it's a multi-way tie for first.

OK, get the drum roll ready....

• Haha 1

Oh my @nimrod54 you're right that was close, the massive have spoken, or possibly whispered and the kudos, but sorry no prize goes to...

Joint 1st

@Ray S and @Marklo

Joint 3rd!

@AdrianMF and @Torbjorn

5th place

@Heather Kay or was it Dennis!

Congratulations and hearty back slapping all round. I'm glad there was a display only section because it wouldn't have been even harder to choose if those builds had been in the mix as well.

Keep safe and keep dancing modelling!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well done to all the worthy winners. I am glad that Dennis's Heather :winkgrin: made it in fifth place, it is a lovely model and brought back memories of a younger me sitting in one at a Miners Welfare event on Doncaster Racecourse.

John

• Like 2

What a great GB this was. It ought to be an annual fixture, if only to show there’s more to life than injection moulded plastic!

I was sort of disappointed I couldn’t complete my last builds. There were reasons, many reasons. But I’m happy to have arrived at fifth place with Dennis. And hearty congrats to Ray, Marklo, Adrian and Torbjorn for their excellent entries. Well done all! :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations to Ray, Marklo, Adrian and Torbjorn for their inspiring entries and to everyone else as well.

As someone already noted, a group build of this type should be a regular thing every year.

cheers, Graham

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Prizes are nice, (but in this hobby I feel the journey is the reward) but Kudos are more than enough. Thank you all.

resized_63ce0c16-849d-4db4-948d-7ade0cefThis is my workbench at the moment, just the odd 109 or two :) yes I’ve gone from one insane project to another :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Thanks guys. Prizes are nice, (but in this hobby I feel the journey is the reward) but Kudos are more than enough. Thank you all.

resized_63ce0c16-849d-4db4-948d-7ade0cefThis is my workbench at the moment, just the odd 109 or two :) yes I’ve gone from one insane project to another :) 

Here at the Marklo Messerschmitt Iron works, Quantity is Job 1:yikes:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Here at the Marklo Messerschmitt Iron works, Quantity is Job 1

I have two more in the list and have been eying up a new batch of Revel G10s at the local art and hobby shop. Tenner it’s a fine line between having fun and ‘somebody stop me !’. Although in my defence there were 35000 109s built and I’m only making 15 (so far) and there are just too many different interesting schemes, and they are fun to build having tackled the brain bending rigging and geometry of the Oertz :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

Wow, I'm a knucklehead! I forgot to post pix in the GB gallery. :doh:

Hm, knockleheaded knucklead--I posted in the other gallery.

Edited by dnl42
doh
  • Confused 1