Anything but injection GB Chat

a definite case of welcome aboard @helios16v I know I said I'd be hoping to get a long period for the build but I don't think we'll be allowed to start just yet!

But that takes us to 20, in 1:20 scale grand  prix models list over 200 resin kits (some of them are even in stock), none of them in my budget though

https://www.grandprixmodels.com/search.aspx?selected=PT018,SC018,&order=orderByPrice&stock=showALL

I think the mention of a tamyia resin kit that I can almost afford is a mistake unless I'm about to learn that they have dabbled in resin (oh, come on who hasn't?!!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, JOCKNEY said:

We have slipped onto the second page

So here is a shameless bump to seek out additional victims, whoops participants !

cheers Pat

Well you have caught me Pat. I have both white metal and card kits awaiting and a build in 2020 would be ideal. Count me in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Would an Accurate Armour 1/35 Saladin armoured car count?  

According to the reviews I can find the light lens are injection moulds! Oh OK then go on... seriously unless I've looked up completely the wrong model this is very much anything buy injection, and a phenomenal kit to boot!

Can we welcome you on board and tiptoe a little closer to the magic number or are you just dangling resin in front go @trickyrich ?!

:D

as my profile header states I really don't need any excuse to build something resiny!! Have been just lurking around trying not to commit myself to too many GB's.....and as usual a complete failure! :wall:

As to what it could be......gosh way too much stuff in the stash so lets just say it'll be 1/48th or larger and probably quite big!

On 5/12/2019 at 6:11 AM, JOCKNEY said:

We have slipped onto the second page

So here is a shameless bump to seek out additional victims, whoops participants !

cheers Pat

arrr Pat you've never been shameless about bumping! :P

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2019 at 15:43, Mjwomack said:

and a phenomenal kit to boot!

It arrived today.  I think the word "phenomenal" is entirely deserved. 

Resin kits are supposed to be more difficult to build than injection.  That's not really true, however.   I think this kit demonstrates that admirably.  One the casting blocks are removed, this should be no more difficult to build than your average IM kit

arrr nice to see you've come over to the dusty dark side! :wicked: 

On 6/23/2019 at 4:44 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Resin kits are supposed to be more difficult to build than injection.  That's not really true, however.   I think this kit demonstrates that admirably.  One the casting blocks are removed, this should be no more difficult to build than your average IM kit

for the most part this is fairly true, but do have some stuff from Beelzebub's Workshop that would terrify even the hardest resin builder in the stash!!! These thing snarl and snap at you even if you just look at them!

Will be very interested to see this model being built, have looked at what else they produce and am quite interested.

12 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It arrived today.  I think the word "phenomenal" is entirely deserved. 

And did I read the review correctly that the only IM bits are the light lens?

this should be no more difficult to build than your average IM kit  ??! Well, the average IM kit with a shed load of etch and white metal thrown in! Seems to have a MMMMMASSIVE amount of detail

8 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

And did I read the review correctly that the only IM bits are the light lens?

All the lights are injection moulded.  Tjhere is also a small PE fret and a decal sheet.  Everything else is resin.

I've looked hard -  really reeely hard - to find casting bubbles, but no luck.  :lol: 

I'm sort of regretting looking at the Accurate Armour website.  Their Ferret kit is now calling to me... 

• Haha 1

Right, I’m in. :thumbsup:

I've already committed to the Battle of Britain and Heller Classic GBs, so what's one more? I have a varied selection of 1/76th vehicle kits I’ve acquired for diorama purposes, and as they’re cast metal and resin they fit this GB theme to a tee.

For the record, I have a Morris Commercial D-Type from Matador Models, Albion CX6N 6x4 GS, Dennis Ace tipper, Fordson WOT3 workshop body from Milicast, (all resin) and an Austin K6 CO2 crash tender and Leyland Hippo 19/H refueller (cast metal) from the now defunct BW Models range.

I can’t promise they’ll all get started, but something will be and - hopefully - finished!

• Like 2

On 22/06/2019 at 00:19, trickyrich said:

:D

as my profile header states I really don't need any excuse to build something resiny!! Have been just lurking around trying not to commit myself to too many GB's.....and as usual a complete failure! :wall:

As to what it could be......gosh way too much stuff in the stash so lets just say it'll be 1/48th or larger and probably quite big!

arrr Pat you've never been shameless about bumping! :P

I've actually built my second Resin kit recently, look 👀 !

I might go for a nice easy Unicraft kit

cheers Pat

well done Pat! :thumbsup: I'm very impressed, that wasn't the nicest bits of resin I've seen, looks very much like the Unicraft stuff. 

I have to admit I did find you build funny to read, but you pressed on bravely and did a nice job.

A nice CMR or Planet resin model would be the way to go now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14 maart 2018 at 9:18 AM, trickyrich said:

I'm in with bells and whistles on.......well not really but a resin flying beastie! :D

Arrrrrr the world of resin, once you cross to the dark/good side there's no going back!!!

Good to see someone trying to get this one up again, I got the original up and it was a huge blast with some awesome stuff built!! Unfortunately it didn't quite get up the second time, so fingers crossed for this one!!

If you need a hand to Co-Host I'd be more then happy to lend a hand.

I have soooo many possibilities for this one, whatever it is it'll be big and resin! 

I thought you weren't interested in this GB? But I am just missing your name on the list.

o, I am interested in this GB as well.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Inspired by Jockney's recent Magna Henley build I might do this, wheels up and in WIF Bomber colours. It's only one sheet of plastic, oh, and a bit of rod, how hard can it be?.....

DSC_0002

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arniec said:

I thought you weren't interested in this GB? But I am just missing your name on the list.

o, I am interested in this GB as well.

Cheers,

prob forgot to add me

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

😉 Famous last words. ... In all seriousness it should look good when its done.

Exactly, we can't go around letting flimsy bits of plastic scare us- we've got knives and solvents!!

• Haha 2