Anything but injection GB Chat

On 9/21/2019 at 3:04 PM, Aardvark said:

Β 

I just know (not personally, no! πŸ€—πŸ˜Ά) of two

big.jpg

11d64904033a3f16a0068de73d6715cb.jpg

who work with woodπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Β .....but I don’t know if they are members of the Britmodeler?!

I think that with them this GB will break all records in the number of views and participants!

😲😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Β 

Well if they are, someone should PM them to fix the voting (99% here we come!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Under the circumstances anything less than 101% would be disappointing !

In MotherΒ  Russia*

it’s customary to say 146%!!!

Β 

https://ruxpert.ru/ΠœΠΈΡ„:146_%

Β 

http://lurkmore.to/Π§ΡƒΡ€ΠΎΠ²

Β 

😁

Β 

B.R.

Serge

* -Β Do not confuse with a T-shirt manufacturing company!

https://motherrussia.ru/collection/mother-russia

large_import_files_37_372634b8ecb911e881

large_import_files_2c_2ceffa22ecb711e881

large_import_files_7e_7e91a471ecba11e881

large_import_files_0c_0c22c5d2ecba11e881

large_import_files_2f_2fa36c53602c11e881

large_import_files_ec_eca5cd500aa511e981

large_import_files_45_45d53566d11a11e781

e.t.c.....I just show most funny & popularity t-shirt this company.

😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Having less woodworking (or topless horseriding) prowess than the chaps above, I would like to join with a white metal and photo etched brass kit of one of these in 1:76 scale:

spacer.pngIt is a Great Western Railway 517, the photo is not mine and is borrowed from GWR.org.uk which is an awesome resource for anyone looking to model anyΒ GWR subject.Β 

Β 

I am planning to build it next year anyway so it would be nice to make it part of a GB if this makes it across the line.

Edited by OutcastJoel
Adding photo
  • Like 2

I've been thinking what materials are available

Β 

Resin is Amazin

Brass always had class

And obviously wood is good

Β 

Working in card can be hard

Paper, maybe later

Straw! It certainly wouldn't be a bore

Β 

But vac-form is always in form

And white metal is very special

3d printing, that's sure to be the next big thing😁

Β 

Β 

Ok, what have I missed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Any more votes for this one? Looks like we are going to miss out!

As a contingency plan Ray, look at what you were going to build and see how you can fit it into one of the other GB,s.

Not ideal but best thing i can think of at the moment.

Β 

Cheers PatΒ 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

As a contingency plan Ray, look at what you were going to build and see how you can fit it into one of the other GB,s.

Not ideal but best thing i can think of at the moment.

The following stages: 😁😁

- bribing the administration BM;

- intimidation of those who vote for other GB; Β 

- "Яussian hackers"(tm) 😁😁wind up the voting counter;

- illegal modelers from other sites for this GB;

- other modellingΒ  criminal...

....with best regards your Don Cat'leone!

7ca48d902250e8ecb84b5e87899a0927.jpg

😁😁😁

Β 

B.R.

Serge

Β 

• Haha 5

On 21/11/2019 at 02:02, OutcastJoel said:

I am planning to build it next year anyway so it would be nice to make it part of a GB if this makes it across the line.

this would be an utterly superb addition to the 2020 calender. whether or not the GB makes it through the poll.Β Β  Keep watching the skies!

• Like 1

As a Cambridge United supporter I'm used to take defeat on the chin- I've seen us lose at Wembley twice! So in many regards to end up mid-table is a very good season by my standards.

Even so, it's gutting to have missed out of the cut for 2020 GBs, even if we are in the 'play-offs' agin for the 2021 poll.

Talking of being mid-table though, I'm really grateful to everyone who spent a vote on this multi-media campaign. And we avoided the humiliation of having less than the 30 votes that would have been the number needed to even be in the poll, so thanks everyone. Time for the close season, or actually back to modelling and away from bad jokes and another crack next year.

• Like 2

Sorry to see this one miss out. I'll vote for it again next year. Meanwhile if time permits I'll build something other-than-injection in 'they also serve' - I'll still have enough options for this GB if it gets up for 2021 - anyone else joining me?

• Like 1

can I point you to these rather bad elephant jokes? Β :D

Β 

What did the elephant say to a naked man?

Hey that's cute but can you breath through it?

Β 

What's grey, stands in a river when it rains and doesn't get wet?

An elephant with an umbrella!

Β 

Why does an elephant wear sneakers?

So that he can sneak up on mice!

......sneak joke attack!! Β :ninja:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zebra said:

Sorry to see this one miss out. I'll vote for it again next year. Meanwhile if time permits I'll build something other-than-injection in 'they also serve' - I'll still have enough options for this GB if it gets up for 2021 - anyone else joining me?

I shall join you Julian, perhaps a Welsh Models E-7A or RVHP King Air 350 I think.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

can I point you to these rather bad elephant jokes? Β :D

Β 

What did the elephant say to a naked man?

Hey that's cute but can you breath through it?

Β 

What's grey, stands in a river when it rains and doesn't get wet?

An elephant with an umbrella!

Β 

Why does an elephant wear sneakers?

So that he can sneak up on mice!

......sneak joke attack!! Β :ninja:

Oh come on, a sneak elephant joke attack? Its the end of civilisation!!

Β 

How does and elephant hide in custard?

Β  It paints it's feet yellow and floats upside down

Oh, that's impossible, don't be ridiculous

Β  Impossible? Then tell me how many elephants have you ever seen in custard? Clearly it works!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I shall join you Julian, perhaps a Welsh Models E-7A or RVHP King Air 350 I think.

To balance the vac-form, I'll take it old school with a cardboard lighthouse that I picked up in Holland (it's amazing what you can pick up over there!!!).

The great thing about the They also serve build, is I can then slide straight into the tail end of KUTA 2020 on the 31 Dec and I've made very little progress

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 4:56 AM, zebra said:

Β 

Yes just been pointed over in this direction after Whifs aren't allowed in the Lanc STGB so in order to use the Lancaster bits left over from the Python Lincoln I started in the Frog Squad GB pencil me in for that year long one for a go at the High Speed Lancaster Mailplane Project as per the line drawing on Page 41 in the Harleyford book on the Lancaster. Β 

Β 

Again no promises especially if 2020 proves to be as big a pain in the posterior as 2019 was what with moving and illness etc. Β 

Β 

On 12/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, zebra said:

It would be silly (not that that usually stops me) to start anything with a house move coming in March. But with the whole year ahead, I'll be along later with something in cardboard with a Dutch theme. Undecided between Schipol airport terminal (the original Art Deco one) or a historic lighthouse. any preferences oh learned ones?

Where are all the "anything but injection GB" builds ?

Β 

Come on lady's and gents we got our wish to have this GB, and it lasts all year, lets get those build threadsΒ at least listed even if you aren't starting the build yet !

Β 

Cheers PatΒ Β 

40 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Please explain

I do not understand - seriously, I don't

I thought we didn't get voted through

Enzo has granted us a one year group build for those that didn't make it through the bunfight.Β 
Β 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/677-they-also-serve-2020/

Dennis

• Thanks 1

I’m in for this Pat.Β 
As you know I love vac form, resin and multimedia.

Tomorrow another Britmodeller is taking me into Glasgow. To buy some supplies.Β 

I will build probably build the Omega Gypsy moth that I bought myself for Christmas.

Β 

I’m keeping quiet about another thing I might build as there is only one of it left, the manufacturer is deceased, and I haven’t paid for it yet!Β 
I am in negotiations with the seller this very evening.

Β 

Also; not wishing to embarrass you, but thank you for your nice β€˜Welcome back to the UK’ presents. Very kind indeed. :thanks:. Keeping me warm and comfy right now 😊 πŸ‘. You are a gentleman sir 🀝.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1