Anything but injection GB Chat

13 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Count me in please - I'm thinking white metal or resin 1/43 car should do it. 😀

Yes please! 

You've reminded me, I've got a w/m 1:43 car in one of the stashes- I think it was banished due to the non-existent instruction which were basically a general view of the real car🤨

3 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Yes please! 

You've reminded me, I've got a w/m 1:43 car in one of the stashes- I think it was banished due to the non-existent instruction which were basically a general view of the real car🤨

Yup - I have a couple like that - a decal sheet with about 40 items on it - and a blurry photo, taken in the rain, at 300 yards, for the placement guide. 🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1

Brass, oh that's another medium on the list. I expect Lord of is will be intrigued by that

We all built our first Gb once, I've even finished a couple! But they are hugely stimulating and supportive events

And there was me fretting that I'd have to explain to older BMers that it's possible to play things other than shellac 78s on the gramophone equipment. Anyhow vinyl is back, not that anyone's proposed either shellac or vinyl for a build....yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2019 at 07:39, Mjwomack said:

And there was me fretting that I'd have to explain to older BMers that it's possible to play things other than shellac 78s on the gramophone equipment. Anyhow vinyl is back, not that anyone's proposed either shellac or vinyl for a build....yet

Shellac? Now, there's a thought, I have a vague recollection that shellac can be used to fix wax?

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2019 at 00:39, Mjwomack said:

Vinyl has never left this house. There is another shelf that has about half this amount of LP's that have been replaced by CD's. My youngest daughter has laid claim to the whole vinyl collection once I push off this mortal coil.

26588555617_d4d4ba02e7_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 3

On 9/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, zebra said:

@Mjwomack you might need to explain the LP reference in the title to younger BMers!

No it's the ones in the middle that don't know what an L.P. is.  My daughter's just gone off to uni with a box of vinyl and a turntable.   

• Like 1

Anyway count me in for the GB, got vacs,  whitemetal and even a wood kit in the stash, though I think the wood one barely counts as 25% present let alone built as there's only 5 wooden parts left of an original wartime kit!

Cheers

Will

PS with me added I've probably ruined the L.P. reference!

Edited by malpaso
Ps added

I have a number of 

Magna resin kits and a fair number of vacforms that I fancy doing. I also have 4mm resin and white metal parts that I am planning to build as the Guy Vixen my grandfather used to drive for a fruit and veg wholesaler in Nottingham. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 7:21 PM, Mjwomack said:

No Injection Molded Plastic. Or to be more positive about it, wood,

On 5/11/2019 at 11:11 PM, JOCKNEY said:

So here is a shameless bump to seek out additional victims, whoops participants !

I just know (not personally, no! 🤗😶) of two

big.jpg

11d64904033a3f16a0068de73d6715cb.jpg

who work with wood😉😁 .....but I don’t know if they are members of the Britmodeler?!

I think that with them this GB will break all records in the number of views and participants!

😲😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

WHAT!!!! There are people in the world who aren't on Britmodeller?

But only @Mike know have on Britmodeller users with name Vlad_Ligovka (or maybe Vlad1952 ) & Kozhuhetovich or not!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

But only @Mike know have on Britmodeller users with name Vlad_Ligovka (or maybe Vlad1952 ) & Kozhuhetovich or not!

Eh? :pardon:

Put me in as a tentative yes for this one, depending on what's happening when it starts.  I've got a stash of vacforms and some resin kits to do too :)

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

Eh? :pardon:

No, just my specific humor.

On first photo Head Russian MoD Shoigu Sergei Kozhuhetovich,  Kozhuhetovich it's second name...on second photo You know who, he was born in 1952, and spent his childhood in Ligovka, one of the criminal 

districts of St. Petersburg, then Leningrad.... So now you understand my joke:

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

have on Britmodeller users with name Vlad_Ligovka (or maybe Vlad1952 ) & Kozhuhetovich or not!

About my participation.  I would like to first finish the projects started here and not generate unfinished.😉

B.R.

Serge

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Now who's brave enough to tell him we use airbrushes for big jobs like that now!

Do you think you need to give him an airbrush? 

But suddenly he asks: "Are this airbrush made in Russian Federation? ......whaat????......No Russian Federation 

airbrush????"...after which a lot of billions of money from the Russian Federation 

budget will be spent on the development of a national Russian Federation 

airbrush ..... most of the details in which all the same will be "Made in China". (sad joke)

In addition, maybe he basically does not use an airbrush, because he paints according to the old Russian technique called Khokhloma:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khokhloma

??? 😉

B.w. there is some truth in every joke....some modelers told me that on rumors in the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation there is a large and good collection of figures of soldiers on various scales and different eras.

I also know for sure the model assembled by well known 

Russian modelers which is in a permanent exhibition Russian Federation MoD.

So, modeller's are everywhere!

😉😎

B.R.

Serge

• 5 weeks later...