Anything but injection GB Chat

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

prob forgot to add me

Sorry, Arniec, but weird as I thought I had added you, maybe the cyberspace version of the carpet monster. Welcome, possibly for the second time!!

• Like 1

Count me in please, I have a number of Resin (ships) and Vacform (aircraft) kits, and am not averse to scratchbuilding something floaty if needs be!

Cheers,

Ray

5 hours ago, Ray S said:

Count me in please, I have a number of Resin (ships) and Vacform (aircraft) kits, and am not averse to scratchbuilding something floaty if needs be!

Cheers,

Ray

Sctatchbuilt floaty would be a definite, 'welcome aboard'!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Not joined a GB before, but I have some 2mm whitemetal road vehicle kits that I have been putting off for a while, so might be fun to build these to deadline.

Could even include the full diorama with cardboard buildings?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Over the years, I've learnt to never refuse a panther of any type, land or air! Looking at your interests, will you be scratchbuilding something in leather🤔

:) No, but I have a couple resin figures that I might be able to make or I could buy something else.... :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Hello,

Not joined a GB before, but I have some 2mm whitemetal road vehicle kits that I have been putting off for a while, so might be fun to build these to deadline.

Could even include the full diorama with cardboard buildings?

Hi Tim,

I feel a duty of care notice coming on... somewhere on the internet there's sure to be a self-help group called Group Builders Anonymous- not that I'd need to join🤥  GBs are great fun, loads of fascinating builds and tips and techniques galore.

A 2mm card building is on my list of possible builds - not that I have a problem with GBs but all my entries are 'possible' until the rare moment they turn up in the gallery! But a 2mm card building with some white metal vehicles would be great. Welcome to the slippery slope of GBs because a resin loco would then be the cherry on the cake of a non IM build

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=N+Gauge++LNER+%2F+E.E.+co++J45%2C++350+hp+shunter+body+shell&_id=173603383025&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l46251

Just don't let @Heather Kay find out else she'll want you to do it in 7mm 🤣

Just saying🤐

seriously, huge welcome!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Panther II said:

:) No, but I have a couple resin figures that I might be able to make or I could buy something else.... :) 

buy something else!... 

For me rule 1 is always have fun- you can go to work and be paid to be miserable, but there is a sub-clause

Rule 1a.iv states, 'having fun includes buying something completely obscure/ esoteric and ideally indulgent that you would never buy in any other circumstances bit a GB on a whim...

Bristol Brigand for a possible, things you wouldn't want to go to war in GB, anyone? As I say, I would have no need ever for Group builders anonymous🤥🤥

• Like 1

On 7 augustus 2019 at 9:52 AM, Mjwomack said:

Sorry, Arniec, but weird as I thought I had added you, maybe the cyberspace version of the carpet monster. Welcome, possibly for the second time!!

O, you haven't missed me, but trickyrich. So you are on 29 now. :D

just one to go. 

Cheers,

yeah, I'm meant to be on the list somewhere....... so we should now have 29.

Just need one of the usual suspects to get the 30.

With currently only 8 GB's making the required 30 number there's a good chance there may not need to be a vote this year so this could be an automatic entry!!

for me it'll be more than likely a 1/32nd resin monster for this build, current suspects are:

Hawker Sea Fury #2 (Fisher Mod & Pat.)

F9F-5 Panther   (Fisher Mod & Pat.)

RB-51 Mustang (Fisher Mod & Pat. I really need to finish this one, it's just under the 25% rule)

Ki-61 Hien (MDC)

something I'll no doubt buy off evilBay between now and then! Got my eye on a 1/32 Ar-234, only thing stopping me is the price!

..if all else fails something from the Collect-Aire stash.......

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yeah, I'm meant to be on the list somewhere....... so we should now have 29.

Just need one of the usual suspects to get the 30.

With currently only 8 GB's making the required 30 number there's a good chance there may not need to be a vote this year so this could be an automatic entry!!

for me it'll be more than likely a 1/32nd resin monster for this build, current suspects are:

Hawker Sea Fury #2 (Fisher Mod & Pat.)

F9F-5 Panther   (Fisher Mod & Pat.)

RB-51 Mustang (Fisher Mod & Pat. I really need to finish this one, it's just under the 25% rule)

Ki-61 Hien (MDC)

something I'll no doubt buy off evilBay between now and then! Got my eye on a 1/32 Ar-234, only thing stopping me is the price!

..if all else fails something from the Collect-Aire stash.......

Like many things in life, technology is beyond me, I'm sure I put you on the list once..you're on. it this evening though for sure (unless the tech does something again).

And welcome to @dnl42 who with an appropriately diverse range of media, brings up the 30 and we're through to the ballot!

• Thanks 1

Thank you Lord Enzio of Matrix,

I was going to PM you about what happened once I'd plucked up courage, finished salivating about the range of models that @dnl42 had listed. But mostly after I'd eaten tea, glass to hear it's a bunfight- I always vote food!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that way, but now the euphoria of going to big skool has passed, I'm scared of the big children!

I've never hosted a GB before, and this one is, by it's nature going to be very diverse; both for subject and media. So, to overwork the metaphor, who's willing to be my mentor... on the look out for co-hosts. Anybody with any knowledge of anything is welcome!

I can do the young Mr Grace bit and totter around saying, 'you've all done very well', but peeps who knows things about resin, vac-form, wood (I was thrown out of woodwork at real school) is most welcome. 

I think @trickyrich offered?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pin said:

Do 3D printed kits qualify? I believe they do.

I'm thinking, of course, of one of Toshihiko Shimizu's marvels

I would have to say yes they are ok. They're not injection moulded like normal models that's for sure.

But boy by the looks of it you need plenty of space and cash to have one!!! They are amazing.

• Mjwomack changed the title to +++ Anything but injection, 31, co-hosts welcome!
On 8/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, Pin said:

Do 3D printed kits qualify? I believe they do.

I'm thinking, of course, of one of Toshihiko Shimizu's marvels

OOH yes please, though not made by me- I think we'd be looking at the whole history of modelling from wood and paper right through to 3D printing, and maybe rope tar and feathers (though I'm still confused how that works!!)