Anything but injection GB Chat

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

@Mjwomack you know I'd completely forgotten about offering to Co-Host......... was probably in a fit of/tripping on resin dust! 

I dop have a Masterpiece Models Hellcat (not plain but biped robot type thingy) that would probably be prefect for this......gotta have my resin fix!

So pleased that the Life President of Resin Dust Anonymous will be along! I'm relying on you and @Pin to be knowledgeable! I'll do the tea and biscuits!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

So pleased that the Life President of Resin Dust Anonymous will be along! I'm relying on you and @Pin to be knowledgeable! I'll do the tea and biscuits!

You do know there's a cocktail dress to go with it??? @modelling minion has a very unused one he can give you. Was meant to be our cocktail hostess with the mostess but was just too slow with the cocktails........am still waiting for mine!! 

This is my wee beasty!

https://masterpiecemodels.com/product/mark-49-hellcat-79-99/

These guys turn out some amazing 1/35th full resin Vietnam era river boats plus a Hovercraft........these will be entering the stash at some stage!

• Like 1

Recently I have built more resin and vacforms than traditional injection kits so I'm up for something new and non-injected. So it will be something 3D printed, Scylla, Do-X or HP-42 in 1/72

• Like 2

Brilliant, glad this finally got through after 2 years and I'm still alive to participate!! Sadly I completely missed the poll so glad you all worked the magic and got it done!

I've got so many options to choose from, so much resin!

\o/

• Like 1

I'll be getting all nostalgic during the GB. Not the usual kit memories or old paint and glue, more how I spent a big chunk of my life in the real world.

I'm a retired LFB Firefighter and spent some incredibly happy years at B24 Dockhead. I went there from B22 Lambeth when Dockhead got its pump back. That would be around 1982 or so. 

The station got a bit of media exposure when Londons Burning was filmed there. Complete cobblers as far as real life went but they paid well for extra work and had an excellent grub wagon when filming was on.

Kingsway made an OO scale card model of the station and you could have knocked me down with a feather when I discovered it!

20201203-125917.jpg

The building is now gone. Knocked down for a new plastic box, built in a PFI deal that saw someone get rich. The Pub next door is now flats.

Gotta go, something in my eye....

Tony.

DH5.jpg

• Like 10

Please sign me up for this one! 

I've been looking for an excuse to build this one ever since I got it (not so long ago): 

20200429120815-ed9f1b0a-me.jpg

I have the extra wheels as well so it should come out looking something like this (I hope! 🙂)

20200429121314-18acebaa-me.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

You do know there's a cocktail dress to go with it??? @modelling minion has a very unused one he can give you. Was meant to be our cocktail hostess with the mostess but was just too slow with the cocktails........am still waiting for mine!! 

A cocktail dress? I was thinking something more flamboyant in the style of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, or was it Dessert I forget

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pin said:

Recently I have built more resin and vacforms than traditional injection kits so I'm up for something new and non-injected. So it will be something 3D printed, Scylla, Do-X or HP-42 in 1/72

Something that will be very different from the last Anything but Injection is the emergence of 3D printing.  I'd not thought much about it, but this is possibly the first 

GB 3D printing can really make it's mark

• Like 1

• Mjwomack changed the title to Anything but injection, 20 March to 11 July 2021

Oh boy, seems that I need to get a new kit for this GB, my stash is full of injection moulded kits and nothing else. 😮

Probably an airplane - I've been looking at PJ Productions resin F-84F Thunderstreak for a while now. There's not really any decent injection moulded Thunderstreak available in 1:72 so even more reason to get that kit.

@JeroenS  on the other hand gave me another idea, with the amazing looking resin work machines by Balaton Models. That could be fun too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reini said:

@JeroenS  on the other hand gave me another idea, with the amazing looking resin work machines by Balaton Models. That could be fun too.

Exactly... who would want to fill shelf after shelf after shelf with aircraft... try something else for a change :) 

I really think you should do this one... https://www.balatonmodellshop.co.uk/spd/BM3583/Raba-250-twin-wheels-version-1-35 :wicked:

• Like 3

Can you please confirm that if we do a vacform, we can get it cut out and prepped prior to the start date?

I have loads of vacforms and would like to give one a go at least! (Unless I do a scratchbuild again)

Congrats on getting this GB through!

Looking forward excitedly,

Ray 

Edited by Ray S
Tidy the post

I've got a few options. There's no way all these will be built - I'm going to try for three builds, but even two might be a stretch given that I've also got plans for the ANZAC, Africa and Unarmed GBs. There's a chance that one or two of these will appear in the Unarmed or High Wing GBs instead though.

First choice is currently the Welsh Models Boeing 747SP. I'm planning to build it as the NASA SOFIA aircraft which will require some modifications that will be 3D printed. I might even have a go at opening the door and showing the telescope.

Next on the list is an Anigrand 1/72 Boeing YC-14. I got this for a very low price from a seller on Facebook who advertised it as 1/144 - I can't remember exactly what I paid but it would have been a very good price for the 1/144 kit too - at the time I thought the postage cost was a bit steep but it made sense when I saw the size of the box that turned up! I don't know where it's going to go when it's finished but I'll deal with that when I have to. I really want to build this next year so if I don't get it done in this GB it'll be in the High Wing GB later in the year.

Others include a Rus-Air 1/144 resin Tupolev Tu-114, Braz 1/144 Tu-126 conversion with Trumpeter wings, Isracast 1/48 Dornier 27 and Welsh Models 1/72 Embraer 145

Plus I might have to have a go at a chocolate Easter egg plane!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, reini said:

@JeroenS... or maybe you should make a plane :P

But I have to admit, Im particularly drawn towards this kit: https://www.balatonmodellshop.co.uk/DT-74-dozer

I already made a plane once! 

That dozer looks pretty nice indeed... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reini said:

Oh boy, seems that I need to get a new kit for this GB, my stash is full of injection moulded kits and nothing else. 😮

Probably an airplane - I've been looking at PJ Productions resin F-84F Thunderstreak for a while now. There's not really any decent injection moulded Thunderstreak available in 1:72 so even more reason to get that kit.

This is the GB  for you☺  The perfect supportive environment of a GB to try something new

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ray S said:

Can you please confirm that if we do a vacform, we can get it cut out and prepped prior to the start date?

I have loads of vacforms and would like to give one a go at least! (Unless I do a scratchbuild again)

Congrats on getting this GB through!

Looking forward excitedly,

Ray 

It's the casual, I can always do another scratch build that I like😂. To relieve the boredom yet to cutting out the vac form, if be pretty sure that'll be under the standard 25% rule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you know if I'm feeling particularly game and time is on my side I may build my Collect-Aire F2H-3/4 Banshee!!!

It looks to be one of the better Collect-Aire releases, so it may be doable. 

Seeing I'm build 3 other VF-31 aircraft in 2021 I may as well go for a 4th!

• Like 2

I suppose I should sign up. The following Anigrand Craftswork resin kits are literally staring me in the face every day (all "approximately" 1:72 - there are some well known oops in this collection):

Vought XF8U-3 "Crusader III"

Douglas XA2D-1 "Skyshark"

Republic XF-103 "Thunderwarrior "

North American XF-108 "Rapier"

Bell XF-109 "Didn't Get Far Enough Along For A Nickname"

Since only the first two actually got in the air, and in accordance with my "handle," it'll probably be one or both of those.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3