Anything but injection GB Chat

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Actually, it's this.

spacer.png

It would be a perfect candidate for this GB...  except that there is no way I could complete it within a GB timescale.

What even with the "Enzo Production factory" running at full tilt?

Looks very nice....as a complete train dummy.......how big is it??

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Looks very nice....as a complete train dummy.......how big is it??

The boiler and firebox casting is 115mm in length.  I will take some more photos with the castings sat next to a Tamiya paint jar so you can judge the size better. 

Despite the number of aircraft and tanks I have built in the past 15 years, I still consider myself to be primarily a railway modeller.   I really want to get back into railway modelling and I reckon 2021 is the year to do it.  I have plans for three projects: one in this GB (not the Claughton just yet) and two in the Unarmed GB,

you could always build one of those big 1/35th Trumpie Engine in the Unhinged  Unarmed GB? :D

There is an actual desire to acquire one of these.......though the price calms that desire pretty quickly!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/trumpeter-00210-baureihe-52-mit-steifrahmentender--104146

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

you could always build one of those big 1/35th Trumpie Engine in the Unhinged  Unarmed GB? :D

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Dapol 00 gauge SR V class loco, with a bit of work done to the valve gear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR_V_Schools_class

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, helios16v said:

A shoebox to keep TR in line?  :hmmm:

I was convinced it was an ingot of kryptonite from which you were going to carve a 1:1000 model of HMS Victory. However the truth is even more exciting. Brass and white metal combo would be ideal for a GB which seems to be holding its own in the voting. Those who offered to make something in chocolate might want to think about tactical voting. Or check their recipe books, my culinary wife tells me chocolate it all about the temper and she doesn't mean my mood swings!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Look what arrived today...   :bounce: 

spacer.png

Exciting, isn't it?  :D 

Oh why didn't you show this picture and the other together.......then I wouldn't have asked the silly question about ho big it was?  

No guarantee I still wouldn't have asked a silly question anyway! :D

@helios16v....you'll keep!!! :fight:

• Haha 1

The Claughton won't be making an appearance in this GB.  I just wanted to show it off...  :lol:

This, however, very probably will...

https://scalescenes.com/product/ly01-industrial-boxfile-layout/

• Mjwomack changed the title to Anything but injection, 20 March to 11 July 2021- it's happening!

Like an Oscar winners speech, here comes a long list of thank you's...

Thank you to everyone who voted, and helped nudging this up the forum page so that it was noticed.

Thanks to everyone who's putting in a 'double shift' with something in the They Also Serve GB for this year, which I think is

@qn30jEkPz7 @Tim R-T-C @Torbjorn @nimrod54 @TonyTiger66 @JOCKNEY @SleeperService @zebra and everyone I've missed (whoops). I think it was a great way to show just how many ways there are to make models outside of injection moulding; a wonderful showcase. If you're struggling for ideas, have a browse but be prepared to have your mind blown away!

Future thanks (are they a thing?) to @Pin and @trickyrich who, long ago (in a galaxy far far away- that is pre-Covid) offered to be co-hosts. It was a long time ago so no worries if you're no longer able to co-hoast. Equally with so much diversity in media and source material, there's plenty of space fo anyone who wants to get on board as a co-host. Though I also expect it'll be the traditional GB blend of encouragement and advice all round.

The dates are 20 March to 11 July, which means those who said they'd do something in chocolate for Easter, might want to ask for cookery books for Christmas, or change their religion!

As for me, I hope to put in a white metal car and a card board building- if nothing else that's next year's KUTA sorted.

Again, thanks everybody, and have fun persuading Father Christmas that you've been good and deserve ALL those kits this year.

• Like 4

Congratulations @Mjwomack On finally getting this one over the line.

The intention is to dig out my barely started Blackburn Perth, and @Jinxman is threatening to build his one as well !

Perfect opportunity to search through the stash to find that forgotten about non-injection kit or scratch build project and pop the dates in the diary now to make sure it happens.

Really looking forward to this one. :like:

cheers Pat

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

The intention is to dig out my barely started Blackburn Perth, and @Jinxman is threatening to build his one as well !

Last person to finish gets the pints of heavy & the Ardbegs in then! 😀 :drink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mjwomack said:

Future thanks (are they a thing?) to @Pin and @trickyrich who, long ago (in a galaxy far far away- that is pre-Covid) offered to be co-hosts. It was a long time ago so no worries if you're no longer able to co-hoast.

I will happily share this burden

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Thanks to everyone who's putting in a 'double shift' with something in the They Also Serve GB for this year,

Thanks 😁

Hopefully by the time this rolls around, Metcalfe Models will have released their N Gauge cardboard castle kits, which combined with some 15mm fantasy figures should fit the bill and also be 'anything but ratio scales' too 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

Excellent. Im hoping the greatest burden will be deciding if we can allow plasticine Borat and mankini on a family friendly forum 🤔

As soon as he is not injected

• Haha 1

The oo version is out so I think you've a good chance. I suppose some sort of duty of care requires me to say that's going to be a lot of cardboard. I think the oo version comes to about £75 to build it as illustrated

Edited by Mjwomack
Stupid autocorrect😤

8 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

So happy this went through, it’ll be the main event of the year. 

I share your hit. After 2020 though, I think even a paint drying contest could be event of the year

looking forward to another breath taking build from you

• Haha 1

@Mjwomack you know I'd completely forgotten about offering to Co-Host......... was probably in a fit of/tripping on resin dust! 

I dop have a Masterpiece Models Hellcat (not plain but biped robot type thingy) that would probably be prefect for this......gotta have my resin fix!

• Haha 1