Anything but injection GB Chat

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Enzo has granted us a one year group build for those that didn't make it through the bunfight. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/677-they-also-serve-2020/

Dennis

Thanks

So we put build threads over there?

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes... Just mention in the title or first paragraph which build it was intended for. 

Enzio's idea was that it was a way of promoting GB's to give them a better chance in the 2021 poll- the election campaign has started already!!

Being optimistic, it's worth holding a plum build back for the real GB next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I’m in for this Pat. 
As you know I love vac form, resin and multimedia.

Tomorrow another Britmodeller is taking me into Glasgow. To buy some supplies. 

I will build probably build the Omega Gypsy moth that I bought myself for Christmas.

I’m keeping quiet about arcial confidentiality' clause?ht build as there is only one of it left, the manufacturer is deceased, and I haven’t paid for it yet! 
I am in negotiations with the seller this very evening.

Also; not wishing to embarrass you, but thank you for your nice ‘Welcome back to the UK’ presents. Very kind indeed. :thanks:. Keeping me warm and comfy right now 😊 👍. You are a gentleman sir 🤝.

a build with a 'commercial confidentiality' clause- intriguing. But maybe something that special should be held back, ready for next year's real GB? Not that I'd ever want to discourage extravagance.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:01 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Where are all the "anything but injection GB" builds ?

Come on lady's and gents we got our wish to have this GB, and it lasts all year, lets get those build threads at least listed even if you aren't starting the build yet !

Cheers Pat  

I'll be added a build soon, I am still behind with some Shelf of Doom builds I wanted to get finished. But a lack of mojo and crap air quality here has further dampened my modelling spirit for now.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I'll be added a build soon, I am still behind with some Shelf of Doom builds I wanted to get finished. But a lack of mojo and crap air quality here has further dampened my modelling spirit for now.

Sorry to hear that Ray.

I hope you and the family keep safe and that life can return to normal again as soon as possible. 

I wish we could send you the rain we are having at the moment, its been monsoon conditions for about a week now.

Take care Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Enzio's idea was that it was a way of promoting GB's to give them a better chance in the 2021 poll- the election campaign has started already!!

Being optimistic, it's worth holding a plum build back for the real GB next year.

oh, I've got loads and loads of real goody 'non-injection moulded' to choose from

Problem is actually choosing one to build now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 08/01/2020 at 23:23, Black Knight said:

Problem is actually choosing one to build now!

Save yourself the agonies of choice.  Build 'em all now and replenish The Stash for later...   :wicked: 

Count me in as well please.

I'll take a trip back to pre plastic days and have a go at a solid scale kit of some sort. Probably 1.48 scale as getting the lines right on a 1.72 scale kit might be a bridge too far. I had a go at an Skyleada Me109 a while back and if nothing else, it showed me my limitations!

wooden-109-2-Copy.jpg

I won't be building anything old and original, like this Meteor, but I recon directly copying the wooden parts is pretty much the same deal, given the very basic nature of early kits.

IMG-4379.jpg

This shot of a Chingford Model Aerodrome 1.48 Battle shows how basic these things were. Duplicating the basic bits should be easy enough. The hard bit will be making things look like a plane. We are a bit spoiled today really.

IMG-7095.jpg

Tony.

• Like 1

Oh just look at those! (oooh matron please).

Imagine a group build where these were rubbing shoulders with 3d printing models- that's what I'm hoping we'd see in this build- along with the usual displays of skill and ingenuity and my habitual fail!

Though I suppose if I was a co-host, it would help me get something over the finish line!! (More than KUTA has managed)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't want to show my hand during the bidding, but you're into the BunFight - so here goes.

I've got this Arba 1/48 Gloster E28/39 - donated at Jet Age.

Arba-E28-39.jpg

Pledging a BunFight vote, and build if successful.

I recently built this Magna Models resin F9/37,  a challenging experience - from which I learned a lot.

Magna-Models-Gloster-F9-37-FS.jpg

• Like 4

That's a serious chunk of resin- weighty I'd have thought which is what always surprises me with resin models. I guess that pewter is what I would call white metal? I shall call it pewter from now on because it sounds so much more refined

Choosing my votes is going to be fairly tricky but this one’s top of the list. I have a question on the 25% injection rule though: I have a resin conversion to turn a Tu-95 Bear into a Tu-126 Moss. Fuselage etc are resin, wings, engines etc are from the Trumpeter kit. If the rule is 25% by parts count it’ll fail. But by weight it’ll easily be more than 75% resin and less than 25% of the effort will be in the injection moulded parts, so I reckon it should be allowed. @Mjwomack what do you think?

Also thinking about how to take up the challenge of making something out of chocolate...

In the words of Moses and friends in Attack The Block, 'allow it'. and somehow it wouldn't surprise me if some brass etch got into the mix as well- though not into the chocolate mix because that would be a health hazard and we can't condone that on a family friendly board

How about blending technologies with 3d printing in chocolate!! Anyhow, a chocolate egg-plant should be something fairly easy to practice on.

I think the main thing with chocolate is not to correct mould and mould.

• 1 month later...

Actually, it's this.

spacer.png

It would be a perfect candidate for this GB...  except that there is no way I could complete it within a GB timescale.

It is a perfectly beautiful kit, however...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2