Finally got my own geek den

MMikeER

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd best stop lurking and introduce myself after a while since I've now reached the heady heights of having my own space to model in!

I'm not quite sure that my other half knew what she was letting herself in for when she decided to indulge my inner nerd last Christmas by buying me my first airfix kit in over 20 years... But a year and a bit later, and after moving from Manchester to Derby for work and ending up with a bigger house in the process, I didn't even face any objection in turning one of the spare rooms into what is basically a playroom :lol: But as an engineer who's reached that point in their career when they don't get to really do any engineering anymore, what else could be expected?!

IMG_20180221_171429

IMG_20180221_171410

There's been a bit of development in my models too... 

IMG_20180215_193847

I'm not quite counting rivets, but I'm starting to put far more research into my builds, so I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions!

• Like 5

Oops, just spotted I stuck this in the ready for inspection rather than newbie forum... Well in that case, here are more of the latest Spitfire.

Had a go at doing Stapme Stapleton's machine, to go with the Franz vin Werra airfix BF109.

IMG_20180219_103746

IMG_20180219_103825

IMG_20180219_103756

IMG_20180220_185313

• Like 5

Its not the first time somethings been in the wrong area ... definitely not the last. No worries on my end, if the Moderators opt to move thats up to them. But since you’ve added more photo’s of your Spitfire chasing a “Hun”. I think it might be ok 😉 ... BTW i like your Spitfire its pretty good. 

• Like 1