Hawker Sea Fury FB11 805 Sqn RAN HMAS Sydney, Korea. Airfix 1/48

Afternoon all.

So here's the Sea Fury from Aunty Airfix.  A few problems fixed - like the short shot fin, daft rivets, the lack of gunsight,  the solid underwing lamp apertures, fuselage foot step opened up and the headrest. But apart from some tape seat belts its "straight from the box". Decals a mix of kit and old Aeromaster to give an Aussie Sea Fury. Paints are Gunze and Tamiya acrylics for the main scheme and a 'Heinz 57' of acrylics for the details.  It's a great kit, fits really well in the main and totally looks the part when done.  My second is destined for a PAF scheme.

All comments welcome as ever.

Cheers

Jonners

508Mb9d.jpg

ZkXbo6A.jpg

l0PXrz4.jpg

b93LSWx.jpg

• Like 61

Very nice build of one of my favorite aircraft. Any tips on rescribing the panel line on the starboard fin? Thinking of creating a template from mine before I join the fuse halves. 

Regards

H

Just now, Howard Moon said:

Very nice build of one of my favorite aircraft. Any tips on rescribing the panel line on the starboard fin? Thinking of creating a template from mine before I join the fuse halves. 

Regards

H

Hi Howard -  that's how I did it - I use the fin to create a plastic card template that I could use to rescribe the panel line.  Worked a treat.

Thanks for looking.

Jonners

That`s a beauty as usual Jon,.... I`m a big fan of the Aussie Sea Fury`s wearing Korea stripes tooo, with their black and white side numbers,..... and you`ve got your`s off to a tee,

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot

A most beautiful representation of what is quite a beautiful aircraft. This new Airfix Sea Fury has been finished off to perfection Jon and a great example where restrained weathering works best. 

Nice to see a RAN specimen amongst the many well built Canadian examples seen here recently. I really should go out and get one of these kits. 

Cheers.. Dave

15 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Hi Howard -  that's how I did it - I use the fin to create a plastic card template that I could use to rescribe the panel line.  Worked a treat.

Thanks for looking.

Jonners

Any chance of a picture of the end result as you've only posted pics of the port side.

I'm really enjoying building mine, its a great kit isn't  apart from it's known problems with the moulding.

Nice clean build by the way.

Tim.

4 hours ago, tank152 said:

Any chance of a picture of the end result as you've only posted pics of the port side.

I'm really enjoying building mine, its a great kit isn't  apart from it's known problems with the moulding.

Nice clean build by the way.

Tim.

Hi Tim - here you go.

rxScZIo.jpg

Jonners

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Hi Tim - here you go.

rxScZIo.jpg

Jonners

Cheers, you'd be forgiven in thinking you've waited for a replacement fuselage half from Airfix and used that! :wink:

I think I did mention in the Sea Fury thread that is how I would have gone about fixing the problem, glad to see it worked.

Tim.